The Student Room Group

I think I have Failed AS and dont know what to do know.

Hi guys, i know that this will be hard to describe but bear with. so have just finished my AS level taking biology and chemistry and art. In art i have a C. but in biology and chemistry I have U's. I cannot resit because i am doing a linear course where all of my real exams are at the end of A2. New 2016 spec in all schools doing OCR. I want to do optometry but my teachers wont predict me anything about a C. I have my mind set on optometry which is 2 A's and 1 B. and nothing else. I honestly don't want to waste 9 grand a year on a course i have no interest in. Also my school is forcing us all to apply this year but i don't want them to pressure me into a degree i don't want to do (BTW which i know they will). I don't know what to do. I feel like i have let myself and my family down by not getting the grades. should I not apply this year and go on to apply for 2018 or should i try (which my school will probably not let me do) to apply but it is expensive to put in an application for next year. I am so confused and would love a bit of advice what to do. this is really making me anxious and depressed and i has really pushed me to study harder for A2.
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

Just quoting in Fox Corner so she can move the thread if needed :wizard:

Spoiler

Original post by anonymish
Hi guys, i know that this will be hard to describe but bear with. so have just finished my AS level taking biology and chemistry and art. In art i have a C. but in biology and chemistry I have U's. I cannot resit because i am doing a linear course where all of my real exams are at the end of A2. New 2016 spec in all schools doing OCR. I want to do optometry but my teachers wont predict me anything about a C. I have my mind set on optometry which is 2 A's and 1 B. and nothing else. I honestly don't want to waste 9 grand a year on a course i have no interest in. Also my school is forcing us all to apply this year but i don't want them to pressure me into a degree i don't want to do (BTW which i know they will). I don't know what to do. I feel like i have let myself and my family down by not getting the grades. should I not apply this year and go on to apply for 2018 or should i try (which my school will probably not let me do) to apply but it is expensive to put in an application for next year. I am so confused and would love a bit of advice what to do. this is really making me anxious and depressed and i has really pushed me to study harder for A2.

What's the problem with just jumping through the hoops with school this year, learning how UCAS works, going to see a few universities, and then withdrawing if you don't like what you are left with next summer? You can still apply during a gap year.
Original post by anonymish

Oh dear. Did you keep getting low grades for Biology and Chemistry throughout the year, or were you just having a bad day when taking your AS exams?

Quick Reply

Latest