The Student Room Group

Bad grades in A2. Need suggestions.

I have St As in Physics, Math, Computer Science and English First Language (IGCSE). I got Bs in Urdu and Chemistry IGCSE level. However, I got a D, E & C in As level in Computer science, Physics and mathematics respectively. Due to a continuing string of bad lucks and extremely poor performance in A2 examinations, I haven't dared to collect the A2 result. As of now, I am very eager to go to a university and study either business administration or computer science. However, due to earlier mentioned circumstances, this dream looks fleeting at best :frown: ..... (Just turned 17 on 6th of September)

I was wondering if anyone would be able to provide reasonable suggestions as to what should I do to pull myself out of this dilemma

Thank you for reading!
(edited 7 years ago)
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

Just quoting in Fox Corner so she can move the thread if needed :wizard:

Spoiler

Original post by Mystic1999
I have St As in Physics, Math, Computer Science and English First Language (IGCSE). I got Bs in Urdu and Chemistry IGCSE level. However, I got a D, E & C in As level in Computer science, Physics and mathematics respectively. Due to a continuing string of bad lucks and extremely poor performance in A2 examinations, I haven't dared to collect the A2 result. As of now, I am very eager to go to a university and study either business administration or computer science. However, due to earlier mentioned circumstances, this dream looks fleeting at best :frown: ..... (Just turned 17 on 6th of September)

I was wondering if anyone would be able to provide reasonable suggestions as to what should I do to pull myself out of this dilemma

Thank you for reading!

Collect your results first then we can help you.

Why are you two years ahead of your peers?
Have you considered doing a foundation year at university? Quite a few universities offer this and some have entry requirements that are slightly lower than the direct entry route.

It's not the end of the world. There are still many options available to you but you have to collect your results first. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest