The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 0to100
Bruv why do this.
And you also need to reverse what you say is Asian and what you say is Chinese, that is laughably wrong. Asian is race Chinese is nationality as China is the country. If someone is not Chinese but lives in China, raised there, has citizenship there, they are Chinese. No matter their race. :facepalm:

Can't tell if you're agreeing with me or not there :lol: Yep, if you were born and raised in China, you're a China national, therefore your nationality is Chinese. However, if your parents are Pakistani then you come from a Pakistani background, i.e. your race is Pakistani, but your nationality would still be Chinese. You might choose to identify as Pakistani-Chinese, completely up to you to choose what you identify as of course.

You probably missed my edit as well, in which I said the terms race and ethnicity are generally interchanged :wink:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by 0to100
What you mean?

You have not told anyone about me :hide: lol what have you been saying :wink:
Fink I wanna move Liverpool as well uno...a friend of mine needs a flatmate. :beard:

Mixed race.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Originally welsh but now idk??
dad's arab
mum's arab
me's british
I have American and British citizenship, so I guess those are my nationalities.
My nationality is British.

I identify as British-Asian

My ethnicity is Indian, both my parents are of Indian-punjabi origin.
Original post by 0to100
Me mum is English, dad is Scottish :u:

:medieval::viking:

I was born British but I now sexually identify as an Egyptian.
I'm Indian,Brazilian with French and Italian thrown in.

And I've got dual nationality :u:
Austrian
Somali
Is that a no...lol
Original post by Boss_Rhythm
Austrian

Rly? :erm:
Original post by 0to100
Rly? :erm:

Yh according to my passport right now...
Original post by WoodyMKC
Can't tell if you're agreeing with me or not there :lol: Yep, if you were born and raised in China, you're a China national, therefore your nationality is Chinese. However, if your parents are Pakistani then you come from a Pakistani background, i.e. your race is Pakistani, but your nationality would still be Chinese. You might choose to identify as Pakistani-Chinese, completely up to you to choose what you identify as of course.

You probably missed my edit as well, in which I said the terms race and ethnicity are generally interchanged :wink:

Wuhhh. I don't have time to look back at edits but anyway no. You lost me at the smiley, gained me at "yep" and lost me forever after "however."
Original post by Boss_Rhythm
Yh according to my passport right now...

Passport. I'm on about birth certificate...
where were you raised/your parents raised?
dual nationality- bulgarian and british

basing that on holding an EU (:u:) Bulgarian Passport and a British one, plus a Bulgarian birth certificate translated to a british one.
(edited 7 years ago)
Ma mere :wink:
Original post by 0to100
Passport. I'm on about birth certificate...
where were you raised/your parents raised?

Austria
Original post by Reachin4TheStars
I have :wink: Sorryyyy :frown: Na just like on the way back from college today, they think i got a boyfriend and all that, but I was just talking about TSR and that I have a few friends and your one of them, and that you mean alot to me, and you got banned and that I miss you alot, and I ain't saying the last bit :wink:

Spoiler

Nuuuuuuuuuu you cant goooo :cry2: You still gotta meet me yet :frown:

You actually talk to ppl about TSR? lol are they on here...? :ninja:
Original post by 0to100
Wuhhh. I don't have time to look back at edits but anyway no. You lost me at the smiley, gained me at "yep" and lost me forever after "however."

The "however" was generally just me pre-answering the question "So what about my background?" for anyone reading. None of my posts have been aimed at anyone in particular, or I'd have used to quote function :wink: When I wrote my first post I actually thought I was agreeing with you, clearly not though :tongue:

Latest