The Student Room Group

UCL economics

Hi, I'm doing as levels in maths, further maths, physics and economics. I want to go to UCL to study economics, however I feel my IGCSEs aren't good enough 6As 3Bs and a C. Can I rectify this through my as levels and get predicted very good grades so I have a chance or should I just not bother with UCL.
Thanks !
Reply 1
I'd say definitely do not give up on UCL immediately. Your GCSEs aren't incredibly high but you certainly have a chance of redeeming yourself at AS.
Reply 2
Doing same subject as me, and I'm thinking of applying to ucl too.

Your GCSE are good enough
Get at least AAA at A-Level and you should have a good chance with a good PS

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AdeptDz

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't you need A* for UCL
Reply 4
Original post by Crazycooky1234

I don't think they've ever advertised a specific number of A* or A's that are required. I'd say the most significant factors are your PS and your AS'
Reply 5
Original post by AdeptDz

Posted from TSR Mobile

No you need A*AA for UCL.
Reply 6

Probably, but with AAA I meant at AS then like try get better predictions, like A* A A ; I believe most of this information is on their website (check offer rate, min offer, acceptance rate) stiff like that, but I'm on my phone so cbb to check atm, oh and you have a C in a foreign language?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by Trapz99
No you need A*AA for UCL.

Oh mb then, the point I was trying to make is that his gcses are good enough as long as he gets the required results and has a good PS

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
I just finished my first gap year and got A* in Maths, B in Chemistry (6 UMS away from an A) and a B in Economics. Taking a 2nd gap year is long but I really would like to go to UCL or LSE. If I get predicted 3 A*s and have a strong personal statement, do you think this should balance out the fact that I've taken out 2 years ? Obviously I've done internships in KMPG and PwC as well as a part time job but another year is quite long. I did want to start university this year and I have currently have an offer for Economics from Queen Mary but I really don't like the university/area. I just feel like I could do better (QMUL is good don't get me wrong) and I would feel happy at UCL or LSE. i know this is not likely but do you think I have a chance for UCL Economics ? I would have 3 A*s predicted and 9As 2Bs at GCSE but I would of taken 2 years out.. Please let me know what you think ! LSE Economics requires Further Maths so that is not an option..
Original post by AdeptDz
Probably, but with AAA I meant at AS then like try get better predictions, like A* A A ; I believe most of this information is on their website (check offer rate, min offer, acceptance rate) stiff like that, but I'm on my phone so cbb to check atm, oh and you have a C in a foreign language?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No it wasn't. Why?
Reply 10
No it wasn't. Why?

(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending