The Student Room Group

Advice on Uni Progression

Hey guys, should I repeat the 2nd year or progress into the 3rd year as well as study for 3 2nd year exams at the same time? I would really appreciate some advice on this. Thanks
Original post by The Wannabe Nerd
Hey guys, should I repeat the 2nd year or progress into the 3rd year as well as study for 3 2nd year exams at the same time? I would really appreciate some advice on this. Thanks

Why didn't you resit the second years exam already in the summer?
Original post by Hayley Williams
Why didn't you resit the second years exam already in the summer?

I wasn't able to due to personal circumstances.
I wasn't able to due to personal circumstances.

Well, i would repeat second year if you had the opportunity. This way you will have good enough grades in your third year to apply for jobs and apprenticeships etc.
Reply 4

There are financial implications. If you retake the 2nd year failed elements on their own, you may be classed as part-time. If that happens, you won't get an SF Maintenance Loan. If you retake the entire 2nd year - including modules you passed last time - then you will be full-time and get the Maintenance Loan. Ask your uni whether they would class you as full-time or part-time if you retook the 2nd year. Their reply might make the decision for you, unless you can afford all of your living costs for a year.

Quick Reply

Latest