The Student Room Group

Geography or politics for Economics Degree?

Hi guys, just asking which is more useful and highly regarded by universities for an Economics degree.
Original post by kagawa88
Hi guys, just asking which is more useful and highly regarded by universities for an Economics degree.

I would say Geography, as it is more relevant to Economics. It is also a facilitating subject, which is highly favoured by universities
Reply 2
Thanks for the reply again. How are these options for economics:
Maths
Further Maths
Economics
Geography

Finally, I went to a comprehensive school which is in the 300s for A level results 2015 (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education...e-schools.html. I got into a grammar school sixth form which is in the top 20 in the country. However being there for a week, the teaching isn't amazing and I cannot do all the subjects I want.

I want to do economics at a top 10 uni (preferably LSE) and at the comprehensive I can do Maths, Further Maths, Economics and Geography (or Chemistry) and if I cannot handle A2 FM, I can just do the AS in year 12. However at the grammar I can do Maths, Economics, Chemistry and Politics whilst only doing further maths as an AS in year 13 (1 lesson per a week).

I am wondering which option should I choose as I can go back to my old comprehensive school.
(edited 7 years ago)
Thanks for the reply again. How are these options for economics:
Maths
Further Maths
Economics
Geography

They look good to me :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Leviathan1741
They look good to me :smile:

Thanks mate. But Grammar or comprehensive? Check my previous reply for the info
Thanks mate. But Grammar or comprehensive? Check my previous reply for the info

I think the comprehensive school would be the better option for you. You mentioned that the teaching at the grammar school isn't great and you can't do the subjects you want, so the comprehensive school seems like it would be more suitable :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by Leviathan1741
I think the comprehensive school would be the better option for you. You mentioned that the teaching at the grammar school isn't great and you can't do the subjects you want, so the comprehensive school seems like it would be more suitable :smile:

Thank you very much
Thank you very much

No problem :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest