The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Canbridge because I have been told that Oxford place a lot more emphasis on strong GCSEs, while I have been informed that Cambridge like an upwards trajectory eg. Decent GCSEs to spectacular AS (AAAA)
I applied to Oxford because I preferred the city and because it offered my desired course.
I think it really depends on the course. I want to do biochemistry at Oxford but they don't offer it at Cambridge so that's my reason :-)
Because C goes before the O.
Reply 5
Well Cambridge was better in my opinion because they seemed to care more about state school students and they visited our school and stuff, the admissions tutor or something from Peterhouse came in while some random student from Oxford so yeah seems like Oxford didnt really care
Reply 6
Oxford Brookes though
Reply 7
Because Maths at Cambridge easily outstrips Maths at Oxford.
Reply 8
Cambridge because Newton!
Original post by Zacken
Because Maths at Cambridge easily outstrips Maths at Oxford.

We want evidence.
coz i heard oxford is shet
Original post by Student403
coz i heard oxford is shet

:angry:
Reply 12
Original post by EricPiphany
We want evidence.

http://results.ref.ac.uk/Results/ByUoa/10

Evidence (...to the contrary)
Original post by EricPiphany
We want evidence.

Do the maths.
Because Oxford cares a lot about GCSEs and my GCSEs were not up to scratch. I would rather apply to Oxford though if I was in a position to.

Lol, over an order of magnitude more at Cambridge than Oxford. That's pretty impressive.
better for my course and a nicer place to live.
Original post by ColossalAtom
I noticed that majority of Oxbridge students on here or aspiring Oxbridge applicants are applying to/a student at Cambridge. It's like Oxford is always picked second for a team.

I want to know why did/are you picked Cambridge over Oxford?

I'm choosing Cambridge because I prefer their course structure for the subject I want to do.

Actually Oxford receives more applications, has more students, and has a lower acceptance rate. TSR is not reflective of the wider society.

Oxford also ranks higher on Times Higher Education, REF, and has remained more culturally relevant world-wide (as demonstrated by its alumni achievements (such as the fact that its alumni are in power right now in the UK, Australia, Myanmar, Perú, Jordan, Norway, and Bhutan; may even get its first Emperor of Japan soon, although of course that's only a ceremonial position), presence in popular culture, social network engagements, and internet mentions.
Original post by Plagioclase
Lol, over an order of magnitude more at Cambridge than Oxford. That's pretty impressive.

But it's mainly trinity that steals the bulk of them.
(edited 7 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending