The Student Room Group

2017 Consulting summer internships/Graduate scheme

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Is there any consulting forums on here, or anywhere, where people can compare/ get advice on cover letters?
Reply 61
Original post by D.dar
Is there any consulting forums on here, or anywhere, where people can compare/ get advice on cover letters?

There is a cover letter section on TSR, and there are professional services that will rate your cover letter for free (but will edit at a cost), and you might do well on Reddit for that too, but you should never just upload your cover letter into the public domain in a Word or PDF format for fear it could be flagged up as plagiarised or in case it gets copied.
Reply 62
Original post by Cerdic
There is a cover letter section on TSR, and there are professional services that will rate your cover letter for free (but will edit at a cost), and you might do well on Reddit for that too, but you should never just upload your cover letter into the public domain in a Word or PDF format for fear it could be flagged up as plagiarised or in case it gets copied.

Great, thanks for the response. Could you send me a link to the consulting area of the CL section? I can't seem to find it
Has anybody heard back from PwC regarding their Management Consulting graduate scheme?!
Hi, I'm looking to apply for consulting summer internships for 2017
Could anyone kindly shed some light on the recruiting format for boutique firms like ATK, OC&C, Roland Berger, LEK etc? (When) Have applications opened for those and are they rolling like big 4 or post-deadline like MBBs?

Any info would be insanely appreciated
Original post by YoussefSilva
Could anyone kindly shed some light on the recruiting format for boutique firms like ATK, OC&C, Roland Berger, LEK etc? (When) Have applications opened for those and are they rolling like big 4 or post-deadline like MBBs?

Could you not just go onto the careers sites for these firms?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Princepieman
Could you not just go onto the careers sites for these firms?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have and for most of them I can't see any relevant vacancies in their careers section which makes me wonder whether they haven't opened yet or if they never 'officially' opened. It's also rarely made clear whether they're rolling or not, as some firms advertise as non-rolling but do rolling.

Any meaningful info from someone familiar with the subject would be much appreciated
Original post by throwawaycon
You'll be fine for now. Terms haven't even started at Oxford or Cambridge yet, and recruitment events will run through the first month or so. Bear in mind as well that your application will likely be stronger if you wait a bit (don't apply for your favorite firms first).

Thanks for that. So would you say that they aren't rolling? I'm not Oxbridge and I am pretty confident there won't be any major CV change/event attendance on my side as I'm on a year abroad.
Reply 68
Original post by WarwickEconJ
what places are open atm, I've done Deloitte and passed the tests but looking to apply elsewhere??

Have you had a telephone interview with Deloitte? I applied for Strategy and Operations as soon as they opened, passed the tests pretty quickly but even then my "invite to first interview application on hold".
Does anyone know any other consulting schemes that are open? apart from the Big4
Also is it too late to apply already and is the recruitment rolling ?
Reply 70
Original post by D.dar
Great, thanks for the response. Could you send me a link to the consulting area of the CL section? I can't seem to find it

I don't think there is one, but I've never used it. You'd do well to ask in there instead.

Original post by JessicaPearson
Has anybody heard back from PwC regarding their Management Consulting graduate scheme?!

Have you not heard back at all? How long's it been?

Out of these when I last checked I could only see that Roland Berger was open, but oddly the application form was in German even when I was on the /en/ URL.

Also, what defines boutique? These firms have thousands of employees.

Original post by h5s3
Have you had a telephone interview with Deloitte? I applied for Strategy and Operations as soon as they opened, passed the tests pretty quickly but even then my "invite to first interview application on hold".

Which office did you apply to? Applications for London won't have any action on for a while until the deadline for applications passes.

Original post by self_help_jj
Does anyone know any other consulting schemes that are open? apart from the Big4
Also is it too late to apply already and is the recruitment rolling ?

There are a fair few taking applications, but finding which ones is part of the challenge - try starting on the MCA's website. It's not too late for most places, but it'll be getting there for Big 4.
Original post by Cerdic

Have you not heard back at all? How long's it been?

I only received an e-mail after completing the tests at the end of July stating that I had passed....:s-smilie:
Reply 72
I only received an e-mail after completing the tests at the end of July stating that I had passed....:s-smilie:

How did you apply in July? I thought their applications opened on the 1st of September, unless you applied to Belfast? If you did I'd ring up
Original post by Cerdic
How did you apply in July? I thought their applications opened on the 1st of September, unless you applied to Belfast? If you did I'd ring up

I applied for the London vacancy. Basically, there was a mix up on their website, they were advertising a vacancy in London under a link for 2017 applications but it turned out to be for Autumn 2016 so when I did the tests HR contacted me saying I wasn't eligible so I had my application transferred to the Autumn 2017 scheme.
Reply 74
Original post by Cerdic

Is PWC rolling?

It would be odd since there are set dates for all the assessment steps?
Reply 75
I applied for the London vacancy. Basically, there was a mix up on their website, they were advertising a vacancy in London under a link for 2017 applications but it turned out to be for Autumn 2016 so when I did the tests HR contacted me saying I wasn't eligible so I had my application transferred to the Autumn 2017 scheme.

Well then I'd definitely give their recruitment team a buzz. Although they probably won't have started processing it until around now anyway
Reply 76
Original post by erj2018
Is PWC rolling?

It would be odd since there are set dates for all the assessment steps?

Nope. They take applications until the places for one year are filled, then they open applications on the 1st of September every year
Reply 77
Original post by Cerdic
Nope. They take applications until the places for one year are filled, then they open applications on the 1st of September every year

By rolling, I mean that it doesn't matter if you apply today or in November, with regards to being successful.

I know the rest of the big4 will be filling up asap, but not sure on pwc.
Original post by Cerdic

Out of these when I last checked I could only see that Roland Berger was open, but oddly the application form was in German even when I was on the /en/ URL.

Also, what defines boutique? These firms have thousands of employees.

Thanks for your contribution. In the context of the question, I was simply referring to anything that's not Big 4 or MBB. Any idea about their recruiting style (rolling/non-rolling)? Trying to get a grasp of the timeline

Original post by Cerdic

There are a fair few taking applications, but finding which ones is part of the challenge - try starting on the MCA's website. It's not too late for most places, but it'll be getting there for Big 4.

Am I right to believe you're referring to Grad jobs when mentioning that it's late for Big 4, or does that also include Summer? Sorry, trying to get a grasp of the timeline again

Thanks
Reply 79
Thanks for your contribution. In the context of the question, I was simply referring to anything that's not Big 4 or MBB. Any idea about their recruiting style (rolling/non-rolling)? Trying to get a grasp of the timeline

Am I right to believe you're referring to Grad jobs when mentioning that it's late for Big 4, or does that also include Summer? Sorry, trying to get a grasp of the timeline again

Thanks

I can't really say much on recruiting style, they're all different. I know Parthenon-EY don't even look at applications until after the deadline, whereas others say they consider applications as they come in. Best to check individual websites.

I'm looking for grad jobs, so yes. I spoke to EY the other day and they're saying they're likely to be filling in soon, and KPMG are already running out of spaces on launch pad days (at least outside of london). I don't know about Deloitte and PwC.

Quick Reply

Latest