The Student Room Group

My brothers a bastard

Scroll to see replies

You're seriously trying to tell me that you would respect someone who calls you a failure and talks down to you on a daily basis just because they're a doctor?
Original post by callicious
high five! Manchester ftw

0161 squaaad :tongue:
He doesn't have a PhD, he has a medicine degree but whatever. Most of you on tsr don't seem to realise that compassion and being an overall nice person is far more important than academics. When you're dead people will remember the type of person you were, they won't reminisce about your *****y PhD.
He doesn't sound very nice, wouldn't want him as my doctor. Nottingham's not a bad Uni, and PPE is an impressive degree so it's ridiculous of him to belittle you. At least at Uni you'll have the chance to be away from him and make supportive, great friends and just grow as a person. You have everything going for you :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
You're seriously trying to tell me that you would respect someone who calls you a failure and talks down to you on a daily basis just because they're a doctor?

>OP is your brother a medical doctor or has he earned a doctorate? Not that it matters. You're right.... he sounds like a real jerk. Ones education does not dictate their respectability. You are absolutely right, respect is earned. Period. The world is full of medical doctors and PhD's who are pompous *****!! (Okay there are great ones out there too) Being that your brother is seven years older than you one would think maturity would have kicked in. But one thing is for sure....karma is a *****. He is going to face hardships in his life, as you just have only in a different form, and he's going to wish for family to be there for him when that time comes. The other posters are right, just ignore him he is looking for a reaction. And, by the way, congratulations on getting an offer to Oxford! That is quite an achievement! Your life is a loooong way from being over and you are going to prove your are as smart and capable as he is but just taking a different path. You don't need an Oxford degree or a MD or PhD behind your name to be smart, talented and successful. Good Luck!
He's probably unhappy with his life and projecting it onto you
"**** uni" what's that, Durham? lool first world problems
He's insecure in himself hence why he thinks having a medical degree will fill those insecure holes he has in him. It doesn't. He thinks belittling you will make him appear better and remove his insecurities. It won't.
Astounding that someone with such immaturity is a Doctor! Don't you worry, karma will bite him in the arse someday.

Live you life, enjoy it, don't give a **** what your brother thinks, you owe him nothing :smile: Even if you missed you Oxford offer, you'll still end up doing great things.
Most Doctors are chain-smoking, drug addled, alcoholics. Plus he'll burn out in a couple of years, print this out and post it to him...... https://www.thehappymd.com/blog/bid/290755/Physician-Burnout-the-Three-Symptoms-Three-Phases-and-Three-Cures
Get yourself on board the banter train mate, and come back at him with a zinger that will make him think twice about putting you down.
He sounds pretty insecure. Anyway, there's nothing wrong with learning the "hard way". I literally lived in poverty for the first 15 years of my life, and this year I'm doing an MA at RHUL.

It builds character.
I'm from one of the *****iest areas in manchester and neither of my parents have been to uni so far from privileged

guess you've both been infected by spoilt privately educated kids if you were both trying for oxbridge
Original post by Little Popcorns
guess you've both been infected by spoilt privately educated kids if you were both trying for oxbridge

Lol wtf are you on? My brother went to Manchester uni to do medicine and I applied to oxford because I value my education (regardless of my background)..I really don't get people like you who constantly **** on people.I assume your mother forgot to teach you a valuable life lesson: if you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all x
prob I troll 'I know he's right' boohoo he's a doctor wow idc
Reply 35
urghh older siblings are the worst

my sister was like that. so damn arrogant when she first started in her career because everything went to well for her. she was smart, successful, hard working, independent, making good money and getting praised by my family left,right and centre. she used to rub it in as well and was so damn cocky. shes really fat now so at least that gives me some comfort :tongue:
Looool this is awkward because I'm a girl but yh I'll keep my eyes peeled for any decent guys x

there's no need to be homophobic
I hate my brother. He's a ****. Just because he's a doctor he thinks he has the right to walk around looking down on everyone. I missed my oxford offer and he literally just said I'm a stupid loser who's going to learn the hard way in life. So I responded with saying don't bother talking to me, I'm so stupid it won't register. Then he goes its registering now cause you're learning the hard way now through the **** uni you're gonnna attend and then he giggled. I ****ing hate him. He's so full of himself but I literally had to run upstairs before I started crying because his words kind of stung because deep down I know he's right.

Are you and your brother Indians?*
Are you and your brother Indians?*

Half Arab and half pakistani
one does not need such negativity, get rid of him

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending