The Student Room Group

Should I just give up on her?

There's a girl I've been chasing after for months now (I've known her and we've been friends for 10 years). At the beginning of the summer we finally managed to get together, kiss and all that jazz. She then told me she wasn't emotionally ready for a relationship but did want us to be something. I was ok with this so said yes.

Fast-forward to today, I'm going back to university in a week and despite her wanting us to be something, she's managed to ghost me for most of the summer and if I consider how much time in total we've spent with each other this summer, it's probably been abut two hours. Prior to this her and I spoke every single day about pretty much everything, including us.
I essentially begged her to spend some time with me and the replies I got were either, I'll see when I'm free (she never got back to me), or I'm busy. Tbf, she has been busy working all summer but I literally would have been happy just seeing her for like an hour a week if it meant spending time with her. Then I find out tonight that she has time to go out to dinner with her friends but never arranges anything eith me :frown:

She hasn't really said anything about us for a while except for one thing that got my hopes up. She clearly isn't emotionally ready and that I accept but now she isn't even treating me like the friends we used to be, which is what I meet the most. Ironically she said she wants to meet up with me before I leave but tbh, I doubt she's going to get anything sorted.

My question is, if she does, should I just give her the cold shoulder and ignore her like she has me? I'm still in love with her, I don't know if she still likes me, but part of me is just saying to block her out completely and see how she likes it.
Reply 1
If you block her out of your life now, you'll always think what if? And then regret the decision you made, I think you should go if she plans something but be on the defensive and tell her how you actually feel about the situation
Well if you still like her, don't give up!
There's still hope yet!
Never give up!

Maybe give her a buzz and see what she says to meeting up?
If yes then that's a good sign! If no then, I'm afraid you will then have to move on
Reply 3
I don't want to give up. I really like her. But I feel like she's not tried at all and when she does it's only after A LOT of pestering from me. I don't know what she wants anymore.
Have you told her how you feel about the situation?
Try voicing your opinion on it and if she ghosts she doesn't really care much, does she
Don't give up hope, there may be something going on she can't talk about or may be feeling different
I think the best thing to do would be talk about it and try to get through to her and see what she's thinking
Good luck, I hope it all works out for the best :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
Have you told her how you feel about the situation?
Try voicing your opinion on it and if she ghosts she doesn't really care much, does she
Don't give up hope, there may be something going on she can't talk about or may be feeling different
I think the best thing to do would be talk about it and try to get through to her and see what she's thinking
Good luck, I hope it all works out for the best :smile:

Would you suggest I leave it until the day that I leave to voice my opinion? Either way one of us will have to say something then and I'm really done with the chasing :frown:
Tell her that you miss talking as much, and ask if there's a reason that she seems distant?
It's less forward than talking about being in a relationship, and a change from pestering to meet up.
Sounds like she's not interested to be honest. If you're interested in someone you make the effort to see them when you can. Unless she's an investment banker or something, I'm not really buying that she's working from dawn until dusk every day...
Reply 8
Original post by *pitseleh*
Sounds like she's not interested to be honest. If you're interested in someone you make the effort to see them when you can. Unless she's an investment banker or something, I'm not really buying that she's working from dawn until dusk every day...

Mmm Yh I totally agree with you. And I hate to admit it but I was 'the girl' in the situation before. This boy liked me and made his feelings clear, I considered giving him a chance but wasn't really on it. But then it was extremely difficult to tell him how I felt, due to the fact that I was a bit scared of how our relationship would be after I said I didn't want the same thing as him. But anyway maybe this is her way of gently letting you down? But Yh deffo tell her how you feel and before you leave not the day...you don't want her to feel cornered.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
IF YOU CHASE GIRLS THEY RUN AWAY.

Understand.
btw you are cruel for trying to force her. I bet you describe yourself as a nice guy dont you
Original post by TruthBeTold'
btw you are cruel for trying to force her. I bet you describe yourself as a nice guy dont you

I don't want to force her to do anything except give me a straight yes or no. But I want her to initiate the discussion, not me.

Quick Reply

Latest