The Student Room Group

Am I taking on too much?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TrojanH
You forget you have summer holidays. You also have an overdraft (if you're in a decent industry with good job prospects you're more likely to repay it).

People assume making an extra fiver an hour 10 hours a week and having savings is the best thing to do - but investing that time into yourself so that you can go onto make more money as a graduate provides a far higher return on investment than any bartending part time gig.

Yeah you really have given me food for thought, thanks for the advice :smile:
I think you'll be okay managing all that in the first year.
Might want to tone down after that though.
See how you find it hun! If you can manage why not? People do degrees while they have little kids at home and hold part time jobs too!
Ive got an interview this week for another job. Gonna hold 2 jobs, work experience, social activities and a degree lmao. I want to save up for a car and then a mortgage.... its all about time effectivess, if you manage it well--you'll be successful :smile: good luck xx
Original post by samina_ay
See how you find it hun! If you can manage why not? People do degrees while they have little kids at home and hold part time jobs too!
Ive got an interview this week for another job. Gonna hold 2 jobs, work experience, social activities and a degree lmao. I want to save up for a car and then a mortgage.... its all about time effectivess, if you manage it well--you'll be successful :smile: good luck xx

Are you starting your degree this year? I just want to have money in the bank for when I graduate just in case things don't go as planned lol
Original post by queenofdarkness
Are you starting your degree this year? I just want to have money in the bank for when I graduate just in case things don't go as planned lol

I've done my first - going into second. Aww it will work out! And its always good to have money behind you either way!
Original post by queenofdarkness
What languages are you planning on learning? :smile:

Spanish which I already know a little as I did it at school but have forgotten everything since I dropped it and maybe German. Would like to visit Germany one day, perhaps spend a year on international study there.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've done my first - going into second. Aww it will work out! And its always good to have money behind you either way!

Sorry for asking, what degree are you doing?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Enginerd.
Sorry for asking, what degree are you doing?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Education studies - only in uni for 2 days this year.. not even full days tbh. Think its 6 hours in total
Education studies - only in uni for 2 days this year.. not even full days tbh. Think its 6 hours in total

You're lucky, good luck. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending