The Student Room Group

Is there any point applying?

I'm going into my second year of sixth form, studying maths,chemistry and psychology(dropped physics at AS)
Anyway my sixth form offers economics at a level but I didn't take it, because I thought my other options would open more doors for me, as I was undecided on what I wanted to do. However after having a talk with my form tutor she told me I should look at an economics degree, and I feel as if it's the right degree for me. Ideally I would like to go to UCL, and my predicted grades are A*A*A in maths chemistry psychology respectively. However, I read if you don't take economics a level and your school offers it then it's hard to get accepted as it shows a lack of enthusiasm in the subject. I asked my director of sixth form if I could do an economics a level in one year, but due to the reformed a level it has to be done over 2 years he said, and that also means I can't do an AS in economics as AS levels have been scrapped. Anyway my question is, is it worth applying for economics at a target uni (UCL/Warwick)?
Reply 1
Well, what I know and have experienced that as long as you get good grades in Alevels, you can apply for any subject at Uni. I didn't take Law at Alevel (even though my college offered it), I still got admission and undertook Law degree. :dontknow:
Original post by Hanaan999
I'm going into my second year of sixth form, studying maths,chemistry and psychology(dropped physics at AS)
Anyway my sixth form offers economics at a level but I didn't take it, because I thought my other options would open more doors for me, as I was undecided on what I wanted to do. However after having a talk with my form tutor she told me I should look at an economics degree, and I feel as if it's the right degree for me. Ideally I would like to go to UCL, and my predicted grades are A*A*A in maths chemistry psychology respectively. However, I read if you don't take economics a level and your school offers it then it's hard to get accepted as it shows a lack of enthusiasm in the subject. I asked my director of sixth form if I could do an economics a level in one year, but due to the reformed a level it has to be done over 2 years he said, and that also means I can't do an AS in economics as AS levels have been scrapped. Anyway my question is, is it worth applying for economics at a target uni (UCL/Warwick)?

Reply 3
Have a look at the uni requirements. They will tell you if the A Level is required. If so, you won't be accepted - but if it's just desirable then you have a chance
Original post by Juno
Have a look at the uni requirements. They will tell you if the A Level is required. If so, you won't be accepted - but if it's just desirable then you have a chance

They'd be just as well to burn the uni down instead. :teehee:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending