The Student Room Group

Questions about Sixth Form: help me!

Anyone out there who'd like to help me? I don't ask much.
I have some questions about Sixth Form for my fantasy novel. Being Belgian, it's hard to find out how things work.

1. What happens at the start of Y12 - what are these tutorial sessions?
2. Could anyone send me a copy of a timetable of Y12 (subjects, hours - it doesn't matter what A-levels you picked)?
3. Are there lockers at school?
4. Do generally students eat warm at school or do they bring sandwiches?

I have more (easy) questions, but having an answer on these first four would help a lot for the first chapters of my book.

Thanks for helping me out!

PS: Anyone who'd like to help me gather information by answering some more questions, please send me a message.
Reply 1
Original post by Anna Moors
I have some questions about Sixth Form for my fantasy novel. Being Belgian, it's hard to find out how things work.

2. Could anyone send me a copy of a timetable of Y12 (subjects, hours - it doesn't matter what A-levels you picked)?

I have more (easy) questions, but having an answer on these first four would help a lot for the first chapters of my book.

PS: Anyone who'd like to help me gather information by answering some more questions, please send me a message.

1. Tutorial lessons. We had those at the start of Yr12, but people started to skip them, and they were cancelled. Basically, it's just a 10 minute class where you talk about ways to improve your learning methods/the school/whatever.

2. I can PM you an example A-level timetable using subjects that I took (Maths, Physics, Biology)

3. There wasn't any in mine, but there are now.

4. Before we had to eat the school meals, but people complained, so at lunch time we were allowed to go out of school to the shops and buy some food.
Original post by Anna Moors

When I started year 12, for the first week we had hour-long form group sessions, where we met with our form group leader (one of the college tutors), did ice breakers, and received important information about what we needed to do, what was going on around the college etc. After the first week, we stopped having form group time and went straight to our classes instead.

I've attached a copy of my year 12 timetable.

My sixth form didn't have lockers, we had to carry our bags, coats etc around with us from class to class.

My sixth form had a cafe, which a lot of the students used to buy hot dinners, salads etc. Many other students brought their own lunches though.

I hope that helps, I'd also be happy to try and answer your other questions too :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending