The Student Room Group

Could someone give me help on what i could do

Hi, I'm 18 and I am wanting to go and study nursing at uni, but I don't have any GCSEs. I left school and went straight into work. I have achieved a Level 2 NVQ Business Administration and have a level 1 pass in English (Which is a D). Could someone help to guide me on what to do to get 5 GCSEs and how I would go about doing it?
First contact unis you're interested in and work out if you need GCSEs or if you work experience is enough. Then work out how you can get the qualifications you need i.e can you do this privately or do you need to go back to school.
Original post by alleycat393
First contact unis you're interested in and work out if you need GCSEs or if you work experience is enough. Then work out how you can get the qualifications you need i.e can you do this privately or do you need to go back to school.

Great thank you for your help.
Reply 3
I would contact your local college and see if they will accept you onto an Access to Higher Education course. This is the most direct route.

'Access courses provide a nationally recognised, non A Level route to university or higher education for mature students without formal entry requirements. They can be studied full-time over one year or part-time over two years.'

Quick Reply

Latest