The Student Room Group

Why are female cashiers at supermarkets usually more polite than male cashiers?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Vividly clear
They usually have flat asses.

A weird thing to say but just my observation.

Wtf? Wtf has that even to do with politeness?

Such a creepy and weird observation. Can just imagine some gawky, spotty and awkward teenager ogling at poor women on checkouts.
Original post by Saba XD
I've actually experienced the other way round. :dontknow:

so have i! :s-smilie:
Original post by Twinpeaks
Wtf? Wtf has that even to do with politeness?

Such a creepy and weird observation. Can just imagine some gawky, spotty and awkward teenager ogling at poor women on checkouts.

I honestly wish I cared
Original post by Saba XD
I've also experienced hostility from the females. Only, once there was a girl maybe 16, she was very nice. But, that's it.

Hostility? That's a bit extreme.

I used to work at Tesco and I used to find young, female customers the most unfriendly to be honest, maybe that explains it.

Young women in their 20s used to often be nice and chatty or at least polite, and same for more mature women. But I often found that teenage girls used to forget their manners. They'd just kind of stand there and stare, not even smile. Just this resting ***** face.
So I used to do the same. Whereas teenage boys were a bit more awkward, but they seemed to make more effort.

I don't know why that is. Perhaps I used to be the same, I wouldn't like to think so though.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Vividly clear
I honestly wish I cared

Just keep doing your thing then
I'm usually really smiley and polite with customers and they seem so shocked a lot of the time. I've even had a lot of comments like 'it's so nice to be served by someone so cheery!' Most cashiers I've encountered aren't the most polite but I don't mind so much, it's hard to be cheery when you're doing a 10hr shift or something.
Original post by Twinpeaks
Just keep doing your thing then

Much better
the Waitrose checkout folk are very pleasant. the ladies do not have flat asses.... :h:
Original post by Precious Illusions
I'm usually really smiley and polite with customers and they seem so shocked a lot of the time. I've even had a lot of comments like 'it's so nice to be served by someone so cheery!' Most cashiers I've encountered aren't the most polite but I don't mind so much, it's hard to be cheery when you're doing a 10hr shift or something.

i would love you to help with my packing :hubba: *
Reply 29
This is a generalisation, but in my experience men are much better mannered regardless of the situation. More often than not, i've seen men offering women seats to stand, letting them in buses first etc We also have something of a code of honor with each other. "The Nod" for instance, and when I worked on the checkouts it was always men who were the most polite customers "How's it going mate" we have a general mutual respect of sorts.
Original post by the bear
i would love you to help with my packing :hubba: *

I usually only help elderly people but I'd make an exception for you :kiss:
Because they have to be!
I was fired for being happy and friendly to the customers so I guess I had to be miserable.
But I was friendly and I'm male so yeah.

But it's a requirement of the job.
Guys are always seen to be flirting with the girl's (which isn't allowed, even if you dont do it) and girls are allowed to chat to anyone!
It's kinda messed up but that's my experiences of working in a supermarket.
Was the worst decision I ever made!
I usually only help elderly people but I'd make an exception for you :kiss:

there is an unexpected item in my bagging area :smug: *
Original post by FireFreezer77

Guys are always seen to be flirting with the girl's (which isn't allowed, even if you dont do it) and girls are allowed to chat to anyone!

this applies generally to life too :lol:

the Waitrose checkout folk are very pleasant. the ladies do not have flat asses.... :h:

how tf can you see that on the opposite side of them checking out?
Original post by ForestShadow
* *how tf can you see that on the opposite side of them checking out?

hehehe bear™ is checking them out while they are checking him out... *

checking your unexpected item in the bagging area huh? why is it unexpected if its you tho ? :holmes:

You really should start writing these down
That's why you should go to Waitrose
there is an unexpected item in my bagging area :smug: *

It's fully expected from you.
It's fully expected from you.

& can you help me take my bags to my van car plz ?

:idea:

* [scroll]:auto: [/scroll]

:flute:
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest