The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

transgenderism is real....it's not made up.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Drunk Punx

Does being a man and enjoying cooking in place of watching the football really need a label?

Gordon Ramsey transgender confirmed :rofl:
most people still think of trans issues in terms of "I am a Ladeeee"*

Holy ****ing ****, trying to get any sense out of you is like trying to draw blood from a stone.

I may be ignorant, but I'm no bigot. With that in mind, does it really surprise you that Tumblrites like you are the reason that people remain ignorant given that all you've given me, in direct reply so far, is the equivalent of "hetero-normative cis-scum"?

and you have the front to accuse me of ad hominem attacks ?

I mean really, if you were really that interested in alleviating my ignorance, you could've simply said "trans-sexualism is generally post-op, trans-genderism is the mental and physical struggle pre-op/during the transition stage". Such information would've actually been helpful.

except the above is utter shite and has no basis in the evidence or the accepted position of WPATH / GIRES etc

See, I genuinely didn't know there was that much of a difference (I thought it was just another vague term that's been added to the ever-growing list of labels that the LBGT community describes themselves as) but as you've been about as helpful as a brick to the face during this discussion, I've been forced to do my own research.

By the way, cross-dressing isn't just used for sexual purposes :fyi:
I don't know where you got the idea from that I thought fetishism was the sole reason for dressing up in clothes typically not worn by any given gender.

so as an insulting bigot quoting slur ridden transphobic 'facts' as truth you now attempt to lecture me on what being 'twuely twans' is all about ...

carry on demonstrating your bigotry ...
Original post by eternaforest
Gordon Ramsey transgender confirmed :rofl:

indeed , and drunxpunx of whatever it's name is wonders why their post was criticised and would have been criticised even if not slur ridden.
Original post by zippyRN
I strongly suggest that familiarise yourself with the accepted and evidence based position of the scentific community ( WPATH and GIRES in particular) with regard to this matter.

I also suggest that you inform yourself on the correct use of terminology in this area of science / clinical paractice

http://www.gires.org.uk/assets/Research-Assets/TERMINOLOGY%202015%20April.pdf

Why would I voluntarily infect my vocabulary with cancer? There's about a 100 different words and combinations; it's like a stupid version of organic chemistry.
Original post by Manitude
Honestly, your attitude is the most hateful on this thread. Your insistence that anything that doesn't fit within your world view is "transphobic", especially when you're discussing with someone who has clearly and repeatedly said they wish to be educated is doing far more harm than you think.

By shutting down the conversation and leveling accusations of hatred against someone who doesn't necessarily share your exact world view you are creating more division and resentment that need not be there.

Posted from TSR Mobile

So the scientific and clinical consensus is 'my world view' is it ...

I suggest you familiarise yourself wit hthe terminology guidance document published by GIRES and cited previously.
Original post by GradeA*UnderA
Why would I voluntarily infect my vocabulary with cancer? There's about a 100 different words and combinations; it's like a stupid version of organic chemistry.

Thank you for confirming your bigotry,

If you are unwilling to accept the scientific consensus and it's evidence base then your bigotry is proven.
Original post by zippyRN
indeed , and drunxpunx of whatever it's name is wonders why their post was criticised and would have been criticised even if not slur ridden.

'it'? Your threads a joke. You open a discussion and instead of educating those who openly express that they are ignorant on the subject you shut them down because of 'slurs' and now you go dehumanise them by calling them it? You straight said they made themself look like an arse. How is that in any way productive? It would've actually been fine if you said that but also educated them but nah. I'm surprised they even bothered to carry on the discussion.
Original post by zippyRN

If you are unwilling to accept the scientific consensus and it's evidence base then your bigotry is proven.

These "scientists" probably destroyed their reputation and careers years ago by embarking on this. It's probably a group of jumped psychologists, if anything.
Original post by zippyRN

Meh, you're a bigot and a hypocrite. Tell us again how much you despise drug users.
'it'? Your threads a joke. You open a discussion and instead of educating those who openly express that they are ignorant on the subject you shut them down because of 'slurs' and now you go dehumanise them by calling them it? You straight said they made themself look like an arse. How is that in any way productive? It would've actually been fine if you said that but also educated them but nah. I'm surprised they even bothered to carry on the discussion.

- I didn't start this thread
- I haven't used slur words on this thread
- I find it interesting that you consider the use of neutral termso f address as dehumanising
- please follow the cited links if you are actually interested in informing yourself on the topic rather than just having your biases confirmed.
Original post by dingleberry jam
Meh, you're a bigot and a hypocrite. Tell us again how much you despise drug users.

really ?

drug misuse IS a choice
Original post by zippyRN
and you have the front to accuse me of ad hominem attacks ?

You get as good as you give, and your non-constructive belligerence has started to get on my tits.

except the above is utter shite and has no basis in the evidence or the accepted position of WPATH / GIRES etc

So what isn't "utter shite" then? Literally all you've done so far is criticise me for not holding the same view on the subject that you do, which leads me to believe that if you had anything original to add to the conversation, other than trying to make a mountain out of a molehill, you would've done so by now.

so as an insulting bigot quoting slur ridden transphobic 'facts' as truth you now attempt to lecture me on what being 'twuely twans' is all about ...

carry on demonstrating your bigotry ...

What "facts" am I trying to impart?!? I've never met someone who is as much of an unintentional wind-up merchant as you are.

Unlike you, I don't mind correcting people where appropriate. If even says as much in the Gires link you posted!

It is often the preferred term for those who change their role permanently, as well as others who, for example, cross-dress intermittently for a variety of reasons including erotic factors (also referred to as transvestism)...

...There is a growing acknowledgement that although there is a great deal of difference between say, drag artists and people who change their role permanently, there are nonetheless areas in the transgender field where the distinctions are more blurred
Original post by zippyRN
So the scientific and clinical consensus is 'my world view' is it ...

I suggest you familiarise yourself with the terminology guidance document published by GIRES and cited previously.

Whether or not your world view aligns with scientific and clinical consensus is actually irrelevant here. My objection (which I note you've failed to address) was not with your world view, but with your hatred towards people who see things differently, who are not hateful people. I also take object with your insistence on driving divisions between yourself, a community of people, and people who you deem to be less educated on one particular matter. You would be much better off directing your ire at individuals who actually hate, or will not accept, trans people.

I am comfortable with my use of terminology, as are the people around me.
(edited 7 years ago)
I'm surprised they even bothered to carry on the discussion.

Tbf I've got the day off work and don't have much else to do :h:

Really I should be packing so that I'm ready to go on holiday tomorrow, but where's the fun in that?
Original post by zippyRN
- I didn't start this thread
- I haven't used slur words on this thread
- I find it interesting that you consider the use of neutral termso f address as dehumanising
- please follow the cited links if you are actually interested in informing yourself on the topic rather than just having your biases confirmed.

-My mistake
-Didn't say you did
-'They' is the neutral terms of address
-I literally didn't express any opinion on the subject at matter, so I have no idea how you can know if I have biases unless you're psychic
Original post by Manitude
<snip>

I am comfortable with my use of terminology, as are the people around me.

for a supposedly academic, to be advocating the use of incorrect terminiology and promoting the use of slur words seems rather odd ...
Original post by zippyRN
really ?

Yes really.

Original post by zippyRN

drug misuse IS a choice

What's drug misuse? Injecting magic mushrooms? Snorting weed?
Reply 38
I wouldn't bother with them.
Most people today know that being Trans is a legit thing. having Trans friends, they know biologically what they are, as stated there is a difference between sex and gender.

But damn these social justice warriors make everyone look bad. Check your privilege you cis het scum bags lmao :teehee: people get too damn sensitive nowadays when people just ask for information and facts though.
Tbf I've got the day off work and don't have much else to do :h:

Really I should be packing so that I'm ready to go on holiday tomorrow, but where's the fun in that?

Day off work and on TSR smh :laugh:

Latest

Trending

Trending