The Student Room Group

Innocent Muslim attacked in NYC

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by queen-bee
How so?
There were 9 murders in NYC last week. How many of them made the British papers?
Original post by alevelstresss
Because I'm convinced you've never even met an actual Muslim

you seem convinced about a lot of things

including the fact that all Muslims look alike

'Because its quite easy to determine who is a Muslim from their appearance.'
I'm waiting for your response, you say I need to "get out more", where the hell have you been this summer? I've been inter railing with my friends across Europe and also to the Himalayas, have you stayed here perpetually ranting about Islam the entire time?

and lol, education envy, where is it you studied again?

As I said your post count per day is higher than mine (this is a fact not something made up)

Good WiFi in the Himalayas is there :biggrin:
Original post by TSR Mustafa
This logic is retarded lmao , since my mum is ill im gonna go attack people , feel sorry for me :wink:

I'm glad we agree on how retarded that kind of logic is and how much of a disgrace that excuse is to a victim of crime :h:
Original post by BaconandSauce
As I said your post count per day is higher than mine (this is a fact not something made up)

Good WiFi in the Himalayas is there :biggrin:

lol wifi, we didn't even have toilets, take a look at my post history and you'll see from 23rd July - 14th August, I made no posts, that's because I was there.

Still waiting, "I need to get out more", have you even left the house this summer? did you meet your friends at all?

and lol, education envy, where is it you studied again?

for which qualification

My GCSE's?
My A levels?
My BSc(Hons)?
Or my PhD?

FYI the first two don't even make it to my CV as they are irrelevant

and as I said I work for a living and will holiday when I can not when school is out.

But this is more of you distracting given you made such a bigoted and racist statement as 'Because its quite easy to determine who is a Muslim from their appearance.'
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 66
And yes, I've been to NYC, and I doubt someone just 'accidentally' did this. The news wouldn't be reporting this if it was just an accident, lmfao
Brilliant!
First we had "I've been on a school trip to Kashmir, so I know how Muslims think".
Now we have "I've been to NYC, so I know how New Yorkers think".
Just, brilliant!
for which qualification

My GCSE's?
My A levels?
My BSc(Hons)?
Or my PhD?

FYI the first two don't even make it to my CV as they are irrelevant

and as I said I work for a living and will holiday when I can not when school is out.

But this is more of you distracting given you made such a bigoted and racist statement as 'Because its quite easy to determine who is a Muslim from their appearance.'

your university

and I'm focusing on this because you brought up "you need to get out more", don't cry about my decision to expand on a point YOU brought up
Original post by QE2
Brilliant!
First we had "I've been on a school trip to Kashmir, so I know how Muslims think".
Now we have "I've been to NYC, so I know how New Yorkers think".
Just, brilliant!

and 'Because its quite easy to determine who is a Muslim from their appearance.':biggrin:
Please re-evaluate your childish simplification of my interpretation of the problem. Every single perpetrator of a terrorist attack, or even hate crimes or anything, has something bad go wrong in their life to generate hateful feelings which are collected by hateful groups, like ISIS, or like far-right groups. Its the same thing really.
And does the size make setting fire OK? Does the minimal impact mean its suddenly okay to attack Muslims in the streets? Come on man.

Wait so you can look at every single hate crime perpetrator and say they had something bad in their life? You literally know next to nothing about the background of this crime and yet you're making threads about how bad Muslims have it.

Why don't you read the article? The woman say a charred piece of her cloth and she was able to pat it out and suffered no injury. And have you seen how busy Fifth Avenue is? The guy could've done it by accident for all you know (and it's a possibility). QE2 ripped into your thread very nicely I must say :h:
QE2, I blocked you but I saw your petty response in Bacon's reply

It wasn't a school trip, lmao
your university

and I'm focusing on this because you brought up "you need to get out more", don't cry about my decision to expand on a point YOU brought up

Yes because of your statement that all Muslims look the same

You need to get out more and meet some as it seems you may only know a few.

Tell me which bit you don't get (I do get it because I know not all Muslims look the same as I know Muslims from all races some who cover some who don't some who drink some who don't some who are gay some who are straight some who are strict some who are not (I could go on) etc..)

Tell me which bit you don't understand and I'll try again using smaller words or pictures if that helps you.
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
Wait so you can look at every single hate crime perpetrator and say they had something bad in their life? You literally know next to nothing about the background of this crime and yet you're making threads about how bad Muslims have it.

Why don't you read the article? The woman say a charred piece of her cloth and she was able to pat it out and suffered no injury. And have you seen how busy Fifth Avenue is? The guy could've done it by accident for all you know (and it's a possibility). QE2 ripped into your thread very nicely I must say :h:

I've scanned through every single case study of Islamic terrorism in the west since 2014, I've done the same, on a lesser scale, for far-right nationalists who commit attacks and also purporters of hate speech.

I can safely say that 95% of them all had something go wrong in their lives beforehand, the remaining 5% aren't a "no", its just I couldn't find any information about their personal lives.

Hateful feelings come from having a traumatic life experience, such as your country becoming war-torn, such as being involved in petty crime and gang violence from a young age, such as having your family die, etc. ISIS and far-right nationalist groups work identically in this manner, they politicise the hateful feelings of angry Muslims and angry patriots respectively.

I'm yet to see a single case where the perpetrators just woke up one day and decided to murder innocents for a heart-filled desire to save either i) Islam or ii) their country.

And Fifth Avenue isn't that busy at night time, not to mention how hard it must be to accidentally set fire to someone's clothes in that sort of environment.

Its ironic, because if a Muslim had done this, you'd be calling me the apologist and bla bla bla.

Yes lets expand MY point

How many Muslims do you know?

Do they all look the same to you?
Reply 74
Original post by Ladbants
If this was a hate crime, absolutely disgusting and the guy should get a prison sentence.

But I'm not sure whether this was a hate crime or just a crime.
Didn't you get the memo? Any crime where the victim is Muslim is automatically a "hate crime".
Yes because of your statement that all Muslims look the same

You need to get out more and meet some as it seems you may only know a few.

Tell me which bit you don't get (I do get it because I know not all Muslims look the same as I know Muslims from all races some who cover some who don't some who drink some who don't some who are gay some who are straight some who are strict some who are not (I could go on) etc..)

Tell me which bit you don't understand and I'll try again using smaller words or pictures if that helps you.

What Muslim countries have you been to? Bacon?
Yes lets expand MY point

How many Muslims do you know?

Do they all look the same to you?

I know many Muslims, and its often easy to determine their religion by their Islamic-style clothing. What's the hissy fit all about Bacon?
I know many Muslims, and its often easy to determine their religion by their Islamic-style clothing. What's the hissy fit all about Bacon?

do they all look the same?

'Because its quite easy to determine who is a Muslim from their appearance.'
Reply 78
what about them? tragic things happen, but that doesn't warrant alienating and attacking Muslims
But it does warrant being realistic about the causes.
What Muslim countries have you been to? Bacon?

we've done this before

Did you not pay attention last time?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending