The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

LAW A*AA but being predicted A*AB

My predicted grades are A*AB but the LLB course requires A*AA. will my application not even be acknowledged if the rest of my application is strong
Hi highfly, what providers are you considering? At The University of Law we accept students with BBB. More information can be found here: http://www.law.ac.uk/undergraduate/

If you have any questions, feel free to contact our Admissions team who would be happy to help on 0800 289997 (UK) or (0)1483 216000 (International)

Best of luck!
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Original post by highfly
My predicted grades are A*AB but the LLB course requires A*AA. will my application not even be acknowledged if the rest of my application is strong

Hi!

This is from a last year applicant. Didn't apply for law myself (Chemistry, Imperial), but I've been around a group of friends who did or are this year, two of them securing a place at KCL. So my understanding is that, this year, predicts are more important to the universities than they used to be, due to the A-level reform. It's the only way they can tell, unless you have any AS Levels to show off, as some schools still sit them. Having said that, I wouldn't give up on KCL in your position. If, as you're saying, your application is pretty strong, I'd put a lot of effort into putting together an impressive Personal and that should be enough for them to give you a chance. They surely know that predicts are heavily dependent on teachers' subjective opinions.

If that comforts you in any way, my offer was A*A*A with A* in Maths, where my teacher predicted me a B. Still they've given me an offer and I met it. why I had a B predicted- I do not know to this day.

Quick Reply

Latest