The Student Room Group

Hazard Perception: Your score on first try? Pass or fail?

I got 52/75 - Passed with 8 marks to spare.
What have you people, past and present, got on the 1st try?!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I passed my theory first time. I got 58/75 for HP and 44/50 for questions.

My mum sat her theory test today for the second time and ended up beating my score for HP as she got 61/75 but got the same as me for the questions.
Original post by Spock's Socks
I passed my theory first time. I got 58/75 for HP and 44/50 for questions.

My mum sat her theory test today for the second time and ended up beating my score for HP as she got 61/75 but got the same as me for the questions.

Oh, awesome!
I'm waiting for a 'DVSA' theory kit I ordered from Amazon, which includes both sides of the theory.

I've been doing 'Hazard Perception' tests, how should I prepare for the Theory Test, whilst I wait for my package to come!?
I'm planning to take my test sometime next year, is it true HP is all CGI now?
Original post by EmmiB0408
I'm planning to take my test sometime next year, is it true HP is all CGI now?

Yes, sadly.
Hazard perception clips are computer generated imagery.
Reply 5
I got around the 60 mark for the HP. I remember clicking too many times on one of the clips and a message prompting me afterwards that I wont receive any marks for it, I was sure I failed at that point.
Original post by Pulse.
I got around the 60 mark for the HP. I remember clicking too many times on one of the clips and a message prompting me afterwards that I wont receive any marks for it, I was sure I failed at that point.

Yes, but be cautious each clip only shows 1 hazard, expect 1 which shows 2.

Only click repeatedly 3-4 times at the hazard point.
I got 71/75 hazard perception and 47 out of 50 on the questions (I did it at the start of August). I just revised doing the DVSA CD and for the hazard perception went with the rule click it exactly when i see it, then a second later, then a second later. I never got a message i was doing too many clicks and it obviously worked out well :smile:

I did way better at my driving theory test than i ever really have at school exams
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Laurenloops
I got 71/75 hazard perception and 47 out of 50 on the questions (I did it at the start of August). I just revised doing the DVSA CD and for the hazard perception went with the rule click it exactly when i see it, then a second later, then a second later. I never got a message i was doing too many clicks and it obviously worked out well :smile:

How did you revise for the 'Theory Multiple choice'? I ordered the DVSA kit, but do I need to any other items besides that?
Yes, I like the tip!!

I did it 2nd time round, I got 57/75.
Original post by Freaky.certified
How did you revise for the 'Theory Multiple choice'? I ordered the DVSA kit, but do I need to any other items besides that?
Yes, I like the tip!!

I did it 2nd time round, I got 57/75.

Yea, that's literally all i revised :smile: I bought the app but i didn't use it once. What I did was started going through the question CD about a month prior and doing little bits here and there. I finished the CD a few days before the actual test. In the small revision sessions, i would write down anything i was unsure of or got wrong in the practice test.

Then, the night before, I read through every section again but didn't do the tests (They take ages, longer than reading the actual info i found). I wrote down things i still couldn't remember, then learnt them and refreshed the things causing me trouble the next morning as well (My exam was in the afternoon). Most of my revision was centred around the day before the exam and going through the CD as i tend to remember things that i have refreshed recently, so i refreshed everything. There isn't too much on the CD so if you've seen the info before, you should be able to breeze through it :smile:

OH i forgot!! The one thing that wasn't really on the CD was all the road signs! With my CD it came with a free digital copy of the highway code, so i printed of all the road signs in there (There was about 5/6 pages of them) and learnt them over a few days beforehand as well.
Yea, that's literally all i revised :smile: I bought the app but i didn't use it once. What I did was started going through the question CD about a month prior and doing little bits here and there. I finished the CD a few days before the actual test. In the small revision sessions, i would write down anything i was unsure of or got wrong in the practice test.

Then, the night before, I read through every section again but didn't do the tests (They take ages, longer than reading the actual info i found). I wrote down things i still couldn't remember, then learnt them and refreshed the things causing me trouble the next morning as well (My exam was in the afternoon). Most of my revision was centred around the day before the exam and going through the CD as i tend to remember things that i have refreshed recently, so i refreshed everything. There isn't too much on the CD so if you've seen the info before, you should be able to breeze through it :smile:

OH i forgot!! The one thing that wasn't really on the CD was all the road signs! With my CD it came with a free digital copy of the highway code, so i printed of all the road signs in there (There was about 5/6 pages of them) and learnt them over a few days beforehand as well.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/DVSA-Official-Complete-Theory-Test/dp/0115534229/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1473868977&sr=8-1&keywords=DVSA+kit
I brought this one, would that be OK!?
Would it have the road signs with it or is there a separate link for it?
47/50 and 69/75, first time
https://www.amazon.co.uk/DVSA-Official-Complete-Theory-Test/dp/0115534229/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1473868977&sr=8-1&keywords=DVSA+kit
I brought this one, would that be OK!?
Would it have the road signs with it or is there a separate link for it?

I think that's the same one i got, i got mine on ebay though.

Basically, there's a section for road signs but it doesn't really have many in, there are way more in the highway code.

You should be able to get access the highway code free online, or there is a link on the cd that brings you to it. I looked online and found the exact road markings info i the link on the CD brought me to. All the ones you need to know are here, i just printed it off and revised it regularly but only for 10 minutes or so at a time over a few days. Here's the link:

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/media/560aa95b40f0b6036a00002a/the-highway-code-traffic-signs.pdf

If it doesn't work, type in highway code into google, the first thing should be the highway code on gov.uk, under driving law click highway code, scroll down and find traffic signs and they are all there :smile: You can check out the other stuff as well if you want to get a head start before the CD comes but it's really long and boring, i never read it. Other than the signs, for me, the CD was enough :smile:
I think that's the same one i got, i got mine on ebay though.

Basically, there's a section for road signs but it doesn't really have many in, there are way more in the highway code.

You should be able to get access the highway code free online, or there is a link on the cd that brings you to it. I looked online and found the exact road markings info i the link on the CD brought me to. All the ones you need to know are here, i just printed it off and revised it regularly but only for 10 minutes or so at a time over a few days. Here's the link:

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/media/560aa95b40f0b6036a00002a/the-highway-code-traffic-signs.pdf

If it doesn't work, type in highway code into google, the first thing should be the highway code on gov.uk, under driving law click highway code, scroll down and find traffic signs and they are all there :smile: You can check out the other stuff as well if you want to get a head start before the CD comes but it's really long and boring, i never read it. Other than the signs, for me, the CD was enough :smile:

OK cool, ty a lot. I'll check it out. The hazard perception is quite easy, don't you think!?
I got 52/75 - Passed with 8 marks to spare.
What have you people, past and present, got on the 1st try?!

Few off on HP first time, turns out I was doing it wrong.

Got full second on second time.
First time:

Theory: 47/50
HP: 65/75

I recommend the CD, I think it's the best way to study as it goes through every question - I stayed up the whole day to complete the CD. For HP, I just downloaded the app from playstore and went through a few till I felt comfortable enough to do the test.
Original post by ❃ Stardust ❃
First time:

Theory: 47/50
HP: 65/75

I recommend the CD, I think it's the best way to study as it goes through every question - I stayed up the whole day to complete the CD. For HP, I just downloaded the app from playstore and went through a few till I felt comfortable enough to do the test.

OK, cool. How did you manage the road signs?
By the way, the thread is talking about 'Practicing, not the actual test'.
OK, cool. How did you manage the road signs?

The CD went through all the road signs aswell, so I forced myself to remember them all.
well had my theory test 3 weeks ago
theory 47/50
hazard 68/75
:yy:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending