The Student Room Group

Will everyone be having sex at uni?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Gnatt27
Even if that guy is shy when talking to girls and only average looking?

the best way to get a girl is through banter. trust me. girls love banter

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by abc:)
Not EVERYONE will be having sex, but uni is one of the most promiscuous places EVER. Like it's socially acceptable to sleep around as much as you want basically, so a lot of people take advantage of this, plus the fact that you're away from your parents for the first time so you suddenly control who comes back to your place.

Also though there will be people who get into relationships, or already have relationships, or just aren't interested in sex.

Be careful who you choose to go home with though. I had a bad experience with a stranger. After that I only got with people from my own uni, who I at least know through somebody else.
- What happened lol? if you dont midn me asking, you can tell me via pm
Reply 42
But I'm not a bantersaurusrex

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 43
Yeah but how ? Just hope that there is a girl in my flat or something?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 44
Original post by BigMan Ting
- What happened lol? if you dont midn me asking, you can tell me via pm

He was just a very horrible person!! I swear he had some mental health issues or something and I just didn't feel very safe! I know it sounds funny and looking back it's not like I'm traumatised or anything but it is pretty serious when you think about it, especially for girls, you're going back to drunk guys' houses who you don't know at all. And everyone does it, but that experience just made me a bit more cautious :s-smilie: :s-smilie:
Reply 45
Original post by Gnatt27
Yeah but how ? Just hope that there is a girl in my flat or something?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Noooooooooooooooooooooo! Don't **** where you eat. Make friends with the people in your flat. Maybe you will meet girls through them. But don't sleep with flatmates!
Reply 46
Why not? Where do you do it then? Like what place if not the flat?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Gnatt27
Why not? Where do you do it then? Like what place if not the flat?

Posted from TSR Mobile

lol bad idea never the flatmates, you are gonna see them everyday most likely 24 hrs and you are living with them for a year. Not worth it if you have a fall out as it makes things bare awkward.

try people around the uni, at the freshers events or even meeting them through friends at uni
[QUOTE=MagnumPhoenix;67569952]How about Netflix and Weed and Chill? 😂😏

Can recommend.
If she's keen for that, she's a keeper!

All about your inner confidence mate. I was awkward in first year around girls, i just grew in confidence and was normal. People liked me and from then on you get more and more confident/relaxed.

Don't see it as a big deal.
Just know what you're doing before you have sex is my main advice.
Most people will because it's around the time people move out and thus have a little more privacy than at their parents house and appearances/cliques/etc mean significantly less than they did in school. Plus of course it's just that time where everyone's curiosity eventually gets the better of them if they weren't already sexually active! Some people even meet their life partners at that age, etc.*

* I got third year entry to uni and was in an LDR the full time I was studying there, so I didn't. But I did sleep with a couple guys during the HND preceding that relationship/uni entry. :tongue:
Original post by abc:)
Noooooooooooooooooooooo! Don't **** where you eat. Make friends with the people in your flat. Maybe you will meet girls through them. But don't sleep with flatmates!

He's right. If you **** your housemates it can make things reaaaally awks, especially if one of you becomes more attached or fall out.... It just causes drama.

You could potentially find a girl in your block... But it's best to find someone in a different block. Also: don't **** anyone in your class either.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Don't f*** flatmates (but if needs must...)

Don't try and be the soul of the party.

My advice would be to make friends. From there you go to more parties and such like.

Be confident, i often use innuendo and cheek when chatting to girls but i try and get them to chat about themselves and then they'll ask me.
I have some interesting hobbies, i've been to interesting places but i try and (at least pretend) to listen to what she is saying
Original post by Alexion
Alexion has a feeling he may be on the first weekend :innocent:

I've taught you well :smile:
I got offered some experience with older women but I never had girlfriends or sex at uni.

I am anti-social though.
Reply 54
Okay the gist f what I'm getting is not to **** flatmates. But where do you ****? As I what place?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 55
I m not really anti social as in I do try a bit to talk but especially when I do with girls I just get really tenseand the words don't come out right making me seem like a weirdo

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by the bear

these Girton first years are showing off their state of the art marital aids ...

Lol, it looks like some kind of Victorian KKK meeting, about to have a hangin'.
Original post by MagnumPhoenix
UCAS. There's a whole sub section for those applying specifically to Uni orgies. Sign up only takes 5 minutes and costs £4.99.

I think that's just for the 1-day orgy. The full week is £11.99.
Reply 58
Original post by WoodyMKC
I didn't go to uni, but honestly... at the age that I would have been going to uni is when I started to play the field, sexually. I only went pulling at the weekends and always slept at their house because my mum was always in at mine, but ****... if I had my own room at uni I'd ideally have been bringing a girl back nearly every night.

player ....
I certainly didn't :mad:

Original post by Little Popcorns
Loads of the horny little beggars.

Doesn't mean you have to jump on that infested bandwagon and it's okay to go out and have a good night out without 'pulling' some random snotty youth...

:rofl:
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest