The Student Room Group

Did I break them up?!?

For the past 3 months I have been messaging this guy online. We're the same age and we're quite similar so we get on really well. Even though we're friends we have sent nudes to each other on 2 different occasions.

Recently he kept saying he messed up and horrible stuff about himself. Today as I was trying to comfort him he said to me that he's really upset over his recent breakup because he cheated on her!

I knew he was seeing other girl(s) but I didn't know he had a gf. I'm now starting to wonder did they break up because of me? Did he cheat on her with me? I feel awful 😭😭😭
Reply 1
Btw I'm thinking of actually asking him about it but idk if it's a good idea or not. Atm I just feel really stupid and guilty for it :frown:
Original post by Anonymous
For the past 3 months I have been messaging this guy online. We're the same age and we're quite similar so we get on really well. Even though we're friends we have sent nudes to each other on 2 different occasions.

Recently he kept saying he messed up and horrible stuff about himself. Today as I was trying to comfort him he said to me that he's really upset over his recent breakup because he cheated on her!

I knew he was seeing other girl(s) but I didn't know he had a gf. I'm now starting to wonder did they break up because of me? Did he cheat on her with me? I feel awful 😭😭😭

I could go on about this forever and give examples, but based on what you say: you didn't know he had a girlfriend, so you can't have known you were messing her around, therefore it isn't your fault. If they did break up because of you, that is their problem, not yours, as you didn't know about stuff.
Lesson to be learnt here: don't send nudes of yourself to a random guy online
Btw I'm thinking of actually asking him about it but idk if it's a good idea or not. Atm I just feel really stupid and guilty for it :frown:

It Has nothing to do with you, he knew what he was doing he's not a good person why would you care if he's hurting. He's just sad that he can't have his cake and eat it too. Pig.
Reply 5

You can't be held responsible for things you didn't know, and you can't be held accountable for what he did.

I've had something similar happen once. A girl in another country that I'd been... well kind of Internet FWBs with, had stopped doing that with me after a while and ended up with a boyfriend. One day, like two years after this, she started sending me pretty provocative messages and pictures. Eventually I gave in and we sent each other some messages and pictues/blah.

A couple of weeks after the one time this happened, she told me her boyfriend (from whom I'd thought she had broken up) had found out about it and ended it with her. When I apologised she said it was all her fault, that she shouldn't have sent me those messages or anything. But still... I'd taken my part in it, and I was at least partly to blame. Though probably her boyfriend would have still broken up with her just at the messages she'd sent me. I don't know.

Moral of the story, I guess, is what I said at the beginning. You aren't to blame for where he put his wang (or pictues of it or messages about what he wanted to do with it).
Reply 6
Thanks for the responses

I spoke to him about it and he said they were "on a break" when I sent him them pics :s-smilie:

Guys and gals; listen to my advice and don't fall for guys esp on the internet and don't send nudes either
I didn't even send my ex boyfriend who I was with for nearly 3 years and here you are sending it after 3 months. Sorry to be blunt, sort yourself out. He can use those nudes against you, always be careful.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending