The Student Room Group

Self teaching Goethe Institut B1 German

In my AS year I did German and got an A, but dropped it so I'm a little rusty. I'd like to continue learning German in my gap year now but was wondering if anyone knows what level I should attempt? B1 seemed most appropriate but not sure how hard/easy it'll be given my A at AS. Any advice would be appreciated
Reply 1
A at AS will mean you are definitely B1 (or at least were until you forgot your knowledge).
Original post by Inexorably
A at AS will mean you are definitely B1 (or at least were until you forgot your knowledge).

Ah ok thanks, does that mean I should brush up a little and sit B1 or push on to B2 do you reckon? I presume with a bit of work B1 would be pretty easy then?
Reply 3
Original post by midgemeister7
Ah ok thanks, does that mean I should brush up a little and sit B1 or push on to B2 do you reckon? I presume with a bit of work B1 would be pretty easy then?

Push for B2, I can't imagine how a B1 level would come in use since you need a B2 to study at a German university and even then you still have a way to go with the German language. Bear in mind that B2 will take a very long time to achieve though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending