The Student Room Group

Hospital pharmacy Pre-registration Applications (Pharmalife) 2017/2018

Scroll to see replies

Original post by quasa
1) yup, just be prepared
2)it is possible but most people I know (including myself) have been rejected. but it is possible to be called for the interview and pass the interview

How long did they have you as a reserve before rejection?
Reply 581
This wait for a KSS response is actually torturous. :/ :/
Original post by Jpharm
This wait for a KSS response is actually torturous. :/ :/

INIT
Original post by Cookiesx
Hi.
If you don't mind me asking what hospitals had you applied for and what interviews did you attend?

bearing in mind I am including 1st round, 2nd round and a couple of random ones: applied for addenbrookes (interviewed/rejected after interview), papworth (same as addenbrookes but they had the decency to say that i would have been selected if they had still done 2 places instead of 1 - heartbreak from the heart hospital); Guys & St. Thomas' (same), royal free (reserve for interview), MK (reserve for interview), bedford (interview/rejected), oxford hospitals (rejected), brighton/sussex (interview/rejected), queen elizabeth hitchin /lister stevenage (interview / rejected); luton & dunstable (rejected day after application deadline :|); East kent (rejected 2 days before interviews were due).
Reply 584
Has anyone else been invited for an interview at St George's?
Original post by ClayM
Has anyone else been invited for an interview at St George's?

Yes, I did..
And have no idea about how to prepare for it, it's format, and how long it will be? 😭

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by quasa
bearing in mind I am including 1st round, 2nd round and a couple of random ones: applied for addenbrookes (interviewed/rejected after interview), papworth (same as addenbrookes but they had the decency to say that i would have been selected if they had still done 2 places instead of 1 - heartbreak from the heart hospital); Guys & St. Thomas' (same), royal free (reserve for interview), MK (reserve for interview), bedford (interview/rejected), oxford hospitals (rejected), brighton/sussex (interview/rejected), queen elizabeth hitchin /lister stevenage (interview / rejected); luton & dunstable (rejected day after application deadline :|); East kent (rejected 2 days before interviews were due).

Hey,
I was just wondering what style of interview you had at lister hospital? Im a bit stuck atm and dont know what to expect! Any help is appreciated :smile:
Original post by pharmapap
Hey,
I was just wondering what style of interview you had at lister hospital? Im a bit stuck atm and dont know what to expect! Any help is appreciated :smile:

2 parts really: 1st was written with no resources (surprisingly hard); second was interview questions regarding personal questions (surprised you havent had it yet as it was the very first one I had way back then)
Anybody heard from TLC..
literally, I'm going insane 😰😤

Posted from TSR Mobile
KSS and TLC are sending out replies now
Reply 590
Original post by Miss Dior
Yes, I did..
And have no idea about how to prepare for it, it's format, and how long it will be? 😭

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah they didn't give anything away in the email. I did go to their open day though, some people asked a few questions regarding the interview and they said that it would be a panel interview but they most probably wont be asking any clinical questions because they don't expect us to know everything as the whole point of the pre-reg year is our training.I was wondering if anyone else had heard anything with regards to their interview process?
Reply 591
Original post by Gd07998
KSS and TLC are sending out replies now

how do you know that?
Original post by Jpharm
how do you know that?

I have just heard back from both of them
Reply 593
Original post by Gd07998

ah ok cool thank you, haven't heard anything yet. legitley sat here refreshing my emails since like 8am...
Original post by Gd07998

were you successful?
Original post by jdsrlington
were you successful?

Yes, interviews for both. Although I think that means only one interview counts towards both from that sheet of paper they gave us.
For the hospitals in second round, is it they didn't get enough applicants? Or is it they were unhappy with the people they interviewed,or is it just people turning down positions?

Also does anyone know how long you could be on a reserve list before the application status changes?
Original post by quasa

How did you get so many interviews? Is that for second round too?
Hey man, I'd really appreciate it if you sent it my way! Cheers!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just waiting for the TLC rejection to come through ((((((((((((:

Quick Reply