The Student Room Group
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website

Any Postgraduate students starting sep/oct?

Hi,

I'm starting a Masters in IT next week. Are there any other postgraduate students on here? what course are you doing? taking part in any events?
Hi, I'm beginning an events management masters too in September!
Whereabouts are you staying?
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by FernLittle

Cool! I'm staying in Norfolk Park. How about you? Are you doing part time or full time?
Original post by Alanjs
Hi,

I'm starting a Masters in IT next week. Are there any other postgraduate students on here? what course are you doing? taking part in any events?

Original post by FernLittle

Welcome to Hallam :h:

Did either of you do your undergrad at Hallam? How have you found your first week as postgrads?

Hannah
(Official Hallam rep)
Reply 4
Hi Hannah,

I completed my undergrad degree earlier this year at Hallam.

The first week has been really good. I'm looking forward to the rest of the year.

Are there any postgrad groups or meetups at Hallam? I've been looking on Facebook but keep finding Uni of Sheffield postgrad groups.
Original post by Alanjs
Hi Hannah,

I completed my undergrad degree earlier this year at Hallam.

The first week has been really good. I'm looking forward to the rest of the year.

Are there any postgrad groups or meetups at Hallam? I've been looking on Facebook but keep finding Uni of Sheffield postgrad groups.

Hey Alanjs,

Glad you've enjoyed your first week :smile: is it feeling any different to your UG yet? There should be some postgrad meet ups happening. We'd recommend going down to the Students' Union. The postgraduate rep, Ekom Umoh, will be based there. Alternatively, drop him an e-mail on [email protected] and he should be able to advise you on the things you can get involved with :smile:
Meeting socially with your course mates will be another great way to be around other postgraduates too, although I'm sure you know that having done an UG degree.

I hope that helps :smile:

Laura
Reply 6
Original post by Alanjs
Hi,

Hi, I have just started Postgrad in Information Systems Security.
Would love to hangout sometime,
I've not met anybody from the course yet as i have missed the first lecture due to issues with the timetable on blackboard but please do let me know what modules you're studying and whether there are any events going on.

Thanks,
farrukh
Reply 7
Original post by Sheffield Hallam University
Hey Alanjs,

Glad you've enjoyed your first week :smile: is it feeling any different to your UG yet? There should be some postgrad meet ups happening. We'd recommend going down to the Students' Union. The postgraduate rep, Ekom Umoh, will be based there. Alternatively, drop him an e-mail on [email protected] and he should be able to advise you on the things you can get involved with :smile:
Meeting socially with your course mates will be another great way to be around other postgraduates too, although I'm sure you know that having done an UG degree.

I hope that helps :smile:

Laura

Thanks for that info. Yes it is different but in a good way. :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by Bogusmonk
Hi, I have just started Postgrad in Information Systems Security.
Would love to hangout sometime,
I've not met anybody from the course yet as i have missed the first lecture due to issues with the timetable on blackboard but please do let me know what modules you're studying and whether there are any events going on.

Thanks,
farrukh

Hi there,

We might have a few of the same modules seeing as we are both doing a course related to information technology. I had similar issues with timetable at first. Are you from Sheffield/live here?
Reply 9
Yes we might, I'm doing network security and Information security concepts and principles at the moment, only doing 2 modules as I'm a part timer. what about yourself?

Yeah i live and work in Sheffield.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending