The Student Room Group

Innocent Muslim attacked in NYC

Scroll to see replies

Original post by alevelstresss
. How many more times are you going to spam this?

quote ''Because its quite easy to determine who is a Muslim from their appearance'

Till you answer the question

Devout Muslims yes or No?

(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by QE2
The difference is, if a non-Muslim attacks a Muslim because they are Muslim, I (and I would imagine most non-Muslims) would condemn it. However, when a Muslim attacks a non-Muslim because they are non-Muslim, all we hear is "but it's only a minority", "he ain't no Muslim bruv", "what do you expect when your family has been bombed", "It was wrong, but...", etc.

Isn't this exactly what you did in the thread about the restaurant owner who refused to serve Muslims?
I've scanned through every single case study of Islamic terrorism in the west since 2014, I've done the same, on a lesser scale, for far-right nationalists who commit attacks and also purporters of hate speech.

I can safely say that 95% of them all had something go wrong in their lives beforehand, the remaining 5% aren't a "no", its just I couldn't find any information about their personal lives.

Hateful feelings come from having a traumatic life experience, such as your country becoming war-torn, such as being involved in petty crime and gang violence from a young age, such as having your family die, etc. ISIS and far-right nationalist groups work identically in this manner, they politicise the hateful feelings of angry Muslims and angry patriots respectively.

I'm yet to see a single case where the perpetrators just woke up one day and decided to murder innocents for a heart-filled desire to save either i) Islam or ii) their country.

And Fifth Avenue isn't that busy at night time, not to mention how hard it must be to accidentally set fire to someone's clothes in that sort of environment.

Its ironic, because if a Muslim had done this, you'd be calling me the apologist and bla bla bla.

I asked you about hate crime. Not Islamic terrorism.

Are you going to say anything other than this BS when you get challenged? That kind of attitude is a disgrace to anyone whose been victim to crime. I can bet everything I own that every single person on this thread (regardless of faith) has lost someone close to them. You don't see the Muslims on this thread or on tsr running off to join ISIS out of "hateful feelings" do you? No. Because they know ISIS are scum of the earth and they aren't that stupid to get radicalised.

I suggest you actually read up on what causes people to be radicalised and watch videos of ex radicals. What they say is complete opposite to what you're saying.

Where's that 95% statistic?

What time did the crime take place? Does it say in the article it took place at night? It doesn't. Ohh wait so you know if the perpratator was a Muslim? That's amazing! Since you've been to New York can you read the minds of the New Yorkers?

It's ironic because you seem to post all the time about how badly Muslims have it, but you never seem to post about hate crimes caused by Muslims. I wonder why.

And it's hilarious you blocked @QE2. Must be hard when you can't back yourself up to save your life :wink:
Original post by BaconandSauce
quote ''Because its quite easy to determine who is a Muslim from their appearance'

Till you answer the question

Devout Muslims yes or No?

This one too ^^
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper

This one too ^^

there are plenty we can choose from

Sadly bigots like him who think all Muslims look alike and can be easily spotted because they are ALL covered will never acknowledge their own bigotry (but we know he thinks all Muslim are 'brown' foreigners so what do we expect)
(edited 7 years ago)
I asked you about hate crime. Not Islamic terrorism.

Are you going to say anything other than this BS when you get challenged? That kind of attitude is a disgrace to anyone whose been victim to crime. I can bet everything I own that every single person on this thread (regardless of faith) has lost someone close to them. You don't see the Muslims on this thread or on tsr running off to join ISIS out of "hateful feelings" do you? No. Because they know ISIS are scum of the earth and they aren't that stupid to get radicalised.

I suggest you actually read up on what causes people to be radicalised and watch videos of ex radicals. What they say is complete opposite to what you're saying.

Where's that 95% statistic?

What time did the crime take place? Does it say in the article it took place at night? It doesn't. Ohh wait so you know if the perpratator was a Muslim? That's amazing! Since you've been to New York can you read the minds of the New Yorkers?

It's ironic because you seem to post all the time about how badly Muslims have it, but you never seem to post about hate crimes caused by Muslims. I wonder why.

And it's hilarious you blocked @QE2. Must be hard when you can't back yourself up to save your life :wink:

Hate crime is a lesser form of terrorism. The factors which motivate someone to go and kill 30 people are the same which motivate them to kill 1 person. Hatred is still politicised by an ideology purported by an extremist group.

And I blocked QE2 because he is a troll, but you can feel free to rush and defend him because his views are complimentary to your hatred towards Islam.
(edited 7 years ago)

This one too ^^

Why are you failing to realise my point.

The victim was almost certainly a victim of hate crime because she was Muslim, the fact that Muslims often wear identifiable Islamic clothing means that its more likely than not that someone attacking them will know of their religion.
Hate crime is a lesser form of terrorism.

And I blocked QE2 because he is a troll, but you can feel free to rush and defend him because his views are complimentary to your hatred towards Islam.

Answer the question sweetheart. Where did you get the 95% statistic from?

Oh I'm glad you (finally) realised that I dislike the religion, not Muslims :smile: Well done took you ages to get there!

Erm do you know the difference between hate crime or not? There's a fairly big one.

The "victim" was a Muslim. And yet you're banging on about Islamic terrorism? My my, it must be hard for you.

QE2 is a troll because he disagrees with you and has managed to rip your arguments into shreds ever since you began making your apologist posts.
Answer the question sweetheart. Where did you get the 95% statistic from?

Oh I'm glad you (finally) realised that I dislike the religion, not Muslims :smile: Well done took you ages to get there!

Erm do you know the difference between hate crime or not? There's a fairly big one.

The "victim" was a Muslim. And yet you're banging on about Islamic terrorism? My my, it must be hard for you.

QE2 is a troll because he disagrees with you and has managed to rip your arguments into shreds ever since you began making your apologist posts. For someone whose off to university in a few weeks, you act like a 12 year old in arguments. Maybe if you work on that you'll get taken seriously.

Its an estimate from trawling through the case studies of every single perpetrator of Islamic terrorism in western countries, since and including the Sydney siege. Every single case has the perpetrators' lives going to **** in the run up to the event. I didn't come across a single person who decided out of the blue to help Islam, their lives always go wrong, and ISIS politicise this hatred into anti-western sentiment, which causes them to do attacks. If you dispute this figure, go and do the research.

You and QE2 both hate Islam, you are ignoring the specific event which happened between me and QE2 about a month ago which led me to believe he is simply a troll. You are clueless as to why I actually did it and you're simply speculating, so please calm it.
Its an estimate from trawling through the case studies of every single perpetrator of Islamic terrorism in western countries, since and including the Sydney siege. Every single case has the perpetrators' lives going to **** in the run up to the event. I didn't come across a single person who decided out of the blue to help Islam, their lives always go wrong, and ISIS politicise this hatred into anti-western sentiment, which causes them to do attacks. If you dispute this figure, go and do the research.

You and QE2 both hate Islam, you are ignoring the specific event which happened between me and QE2 about a month ago which led me to believe he is simply a troll. You are clueless as to why I actually did it and you're simply speculating, so please calm it.

I want a link to the statistics sweetheart. You're the one who said this statistic, copy and paste the link. And please watch vids of people who have been radicalised. They say the opposite to you.

Yes I hate an ideology. Problem?

Erm no I don't know what you're referring to because I have other things to do apart from look at your posts. Ngl I'm touched you haven't added me to the ignore list yet. Are you planning to propose to me during Freshers? I expect puppies when you do.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-37345442

Police are investigating this as a possible hate crime. Very sad to see this happening, I don't think belief in religion, regardless of how disturbing it may be to someone, warrants an assault in a public street.
This comes shortly after two Muslims were shot dead outside of a mosque in Queens a few weeks ago, and also a string of religious hate crimes.

This man is a pioneer. He has possibly found the only way a black man will ever be charged with a hate crime. Kudos
I want a link to the statistics sweetheart. You're the one who said this statistic, copy and paste the link. And please watch vids of people who have been radicalised. They say the opposite to you.

Yes I hate an ideology. Problem?

Erm no I don't know what you're referring to because I have other things to do apart from look at your posts. Ngl I'm touched you haven't added me to the ignore list yet. Are you planning to propose to me during Freshers? I expect puppies when you do.

You're not reading my posts, and being a hypocrite, just as you always do. I'm trying to be civil with you, and you're acting like the 12 year old - which you accused me of doing. A while back you accused me of changing the topic, which is exactly what you're doing. Why should I waste any energy continuing arguing with someone who is evidently perpetually biased against anything I will say?
Original post by Betelgeuse-
This man is a pioneer. He has possibly found the only way a black man will ever be charged with a hate crime. Kudos

are you suggesting that only white people are capable of hate crimes? :/
You're not reading my posts, and being a hypocrite, just as you always do. I'm trying to be civil with you, and you're acting like the 12 year old - which you accused me of doing. A while back you accused me of changing the topic, which is exactly what you're doing. Why should I waste any energy continuing arguing with someone who is evidently perpetually biased against anything I will say?

I merely asked a link for the statistic you provided me with. Please explain how this is hypocritical in any way?
are you suggesting that only white people are capable of hate crimes? :/

No, i am suggesting that its usually only white people who get charged with hate crimes
I merely asked a link for the statistic you provided me with. Please explain how this is hypocritical in any way?

As I explained, its not from a link. Its an estimate from me trawling through every single specific case of Islamic terrorism carried out in Western countries since and including the Sydney Siege.

I am yet to find a single one where their lives didn't go to **** beforehand. Meaning that blaming Islam as the main cause is dumb, given that these things wouldn't happen in the first place if these peoples' lives didn't go bad. This suggests that extremist parts of Islam are only actually exploited when there is a demand for violence to be carried out, not the other way around.
Just yesterday.. I stated that media look to report news in bunches to create narratives. Example being Terror attacks - in the following days they will desperately look to tie every incident in as potentially terror related. Muslim man crashes his car.. it will be breaking news insinuating a malicious attack. I went on to explain they even do it with non political stuff. @KingBradley expertly sums up this incident from the other thread:

"In a US city of 8 million people 3,256 miles away, where a murder happens almost every day, and rapes occur fivefold, a woman has had a hole the size of a twopence coin burnt into her sleeve by a passerby. This may seem insignificant but what makes this a shocking atrocity is the fact that the victim was... (wait for it)... ...a Muslim."

Stop and think about it, what are they really trying to sell you?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 137
Original post by MedioCentro97
The first commenter certainly did make the guy a victim, and the women the offender by saying she might have spread Islamism which riled him up!! Just bizarre double standards. Anyway any muslim who says that (I've never encountered any so just taking your word for it) is equally as stupid, as cold blooded murderers of any kind should be condemned.
You're obviously not familiar with the concept of "Devil's Advocate".
My post was simply demonstrating why the OP was both flawed and displaying double standards.

1. We have no information on the attacker or his motives, or even whether it was deliberate.
2. The OP has repeatedly claimed that Muslims only commit attacks against others because of some past trauma. One specific example he gave was of someone who had traveeled to Syria to join ISIS because their mother had been diagnosed with cancer. I **** you not!
Original post by Betelgeuse-
Just yesterday.. I stated that media look to report news in bunches to create narratives. Example being Terror attacks - in the following days they will desperately look to tie every incident in as potentially terror related. Muslim man crashes his car.. it will be breaking news insinuating a malicious attack. I went on to explain they even do it with non political stuff. @KingBradley expertly sums up this incident from the other thread:

"In a US city of 8 million people 3,256 miles away, where a murder happens almost every day, and rapes occur fivefold, a woman has had a hole the size of a twopence coin burnt into her sleeve by a passerby. This may seem insignificant but what makes this a shocking atrocity is the fact that the victim was... (wait for it)... ...a Muslim."

Stop and think about it, what are they really trying to sell you?

Imagine if the Muslim had done it
Reply 139
Original post by MedioCentro97
Tbf there is a lot of outrage on Saudi violence in Yemen from muslim commentators.
From what I can make out, the level of outrage is directly related to which sect/madhab is involved.

Quick Reply

Latest