The Student Room Group
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford

Hello Everyone!

Hello everyone!

My name is Sophie and I have just taken over this Oxford Brookes Student Rooms account.
I have recently graduated from Brookes this year and I am here to answer any questions you may have about the Uni! From open days to graduations and everything in between - any queries? I'm here for you!

Best,
Sophie
Hello! I'll be studying biomedical sciences this September!! Really excited! I had a question regarding classes and timetables. When will we receive them?
Thank you!
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford
Original post by biomedstudentsc
Hello! I'll be studying biomedical sciences this September!! Really excited! I had a question regarding classes and timetables. When will we receive them?
Thank you!

Hi,
Glad to hear you're so excited! You will most likely receive your timetable once you have enrolled at the University in Fresher's week - so don't panic! You will be given details to log onto your Personal Information Portal (PIP) where you can add / change modules.

I hope this helps!
Sophie
Hello, I'm applying for publishing at oxford brookes for the starting year of september 2017. If i got an offer and then did not get the grades on results day by one grade would I still be accepted? e.g i need 3 b's but if i got 2 b's and a c. would i still have an offer?
Thank you
Reply 4
I am considering doing Education Studies at Oxford Brookes, I have 2 D*, and 4 D's but im wanting to know whether they Accept UCAS points or grades or maybe even both?
Original post by isobel9916
Hello, I'm applying for publishing at oxford brookes for the starting year of september 2017. If i got an offer and then did not get the grades on results day by one grade would I still be accepted? e.g i need 3 b's but if i got 2 b's and a c. would i still have an offer?
Thank you

Hi Isobel,

It's difficult to say for definite whether or not you would be accepted! I know my course wanted me to have BBB and I got BBC and was still accepted, but it varies depending on the number of applicants, the subject department etc.

Once you get your grades it will show up on your Ucas as to whether or not you have been accepted so keep an eye out for that!

All the best and good luck!

Sophie
Original post by Ben_Hagan
I am considering doing Education Studies at Oxford Brookes, I have 2 D*, and 4 D's but im wanting to know whether they Accept UCAS points or grades or maybe even both?

Hi Ben,

There will be a way of converting your grades into Ucas points. We have students attend Brookes from all over the world so we convert their grades into Ucas points, so that every student can be assessed in the same way.

Currently for Sept 2017 start Education Studies wants 112 Ucas points, so I would suggest using an online grade converter to see if your grades match up!

I hope this helps a bit!

Sophie
Reply 7
Hi, I will hopefully be studying masters in social work but wanted to know whether the university accepts functional skills level 2 in maths as equivalent to GCSE as I have been told it is equivalent.
Original post by Hin123
Hi, I will hopefully be studying masters in social work but wanted to know whether the university accepts functional skills level 2 in maths as equivalent to GCSE as I have been told it is equivalent.

Hi Hin,

Your best bet would be to contact the Admissions department and ask them directly. Their number is 01865 48300 and their email is [email protected].

Good luck with it!

Sophie

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending