The Student Room Group

Does your household recycle?

Poll

Does your household recycle?

Just out of curiosity really :biggrin: Do you?

Scroll to see replies

Yup!
Yes. We're middle class enough.
yep, i actually have very little general refuse. I have no bin services where i live so everything has to go the dump for recycling once every couple of months, leftover food generally goes on the fire in winter or down the back of the field (providing its not meat which attracts scavengers)
Yes :smile:
We do! We have 4 big bins plus a smaller one for food waste so it only seems right to use the bins for what they're supposed to be used for!
Original post by silverbolt
yep, i actually have very little general refuse. I have no bin services where i live so everything has to go the dump for recycling once every couple of months, leftover food generally goes on the fire in winter or down the back of the field (providing its not meat which attracts scavengers)

The bin service where I am currently is pretty terrible as well but at least we have bin service. Sounds like a hassle :s-smilie: Good on you for recycling though! :biggrin:
Reply 7

These guys probably recycle more than me
Sure do. We have to put food waste in a different garbage bin also or else we get fined $$
yep

We used to, until all of the recycling bins were removed.
Original post by NotNotBatman
We used to, until all of the recycling bins were removed.

Why were they removed? :O
Reply 12
we have to. both parents are very strict in that area. anytime i accidentally throw a plastic pot into the bin they fish it out saying 'NO its PLASTIC, so where does it gooo??!' lol
Original post by Elastichedgehog
Why were they removed? :O

I have no idea.
Reply 14
Can't you get fined for not recycling now? We recycle AND compost #thathippylife

Seriously though compost is great it reduces your waste and the amount you have to take bins out / buy bin bags so much. Just make sure to get one with a cover and don't put any cooked food in or things that could attract rats. Garden waste and fruit/veg waste only :smile:
Sad that there are any 'no' replies! What a waste. Like 80% of all the rubbish in my house is recycling.
Yup 👍🏼
Yes
I thought it was illegal not to recycle?
Original post by Plagioclase
I thought it was illegal not to recycle?

Is it? I've always thought it was option. It was at least when my household decided to.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest