The Student Room Group

Want to study a Masters in Astronomy at University of Hawaii?

I can't seem to find any experiences of anyone studying at the University of Hawaii - Manoa, let alone someone from the UK going over there to study a masters!

I can't help feeling this is because it isn't a great uni. Thing is, it is one of the best places in the world for astronomy, namely for the telescopes on Mauna Kea. So it looks like a great place to study a masters in this subject.

Does anyone have any experience or know anything about the uni? Any help would be great!

Thanks,
James.
Reply 1
Original post by james4cet
I can't seem to find any experiences of anyone studying at the University of Hawaii - Manoa, let alone someone from the UK going over there to study a masters!

I can't help feeling this is because it isn't a great uni. Thing is, it is one of the best places in the world for astronomy, namely for the telescopes on Mauna Kea. So it looks like a great place to study a masters in this subject.

Does anyone have any experience or know anything about the uni? Any help would be great!

Thanks,
James.

We are debating the subject of crappy uni's with good specific courses elswhere.

Do you know what the employment rate for the course is?

If you know that specific course will get you there go for it, Astromomy in Hawaii sounds pretty cool as far as courses go. Or speak to some employers you like and gauge their perception of the course.

Quick Reply