The Student Room Group

Aerospace Engineering at Bath or Bristol 2017 Entry Question

I want to apply to these uni, among others but I was wondering If Bath or Brsitol require interviews for this specific course?
Reply 1
Original post by ronaldm49
I want to apply to these uni, among others but I was wondering If Bath or Brsitol require interviews for this specific course?

If they do they will be informal and not significantly important in their decision making. Just about everyone who gets an engineering interview anywhere except Cambridge or Oxford or (to a lesser extent) Imperial gets an offer.

They are more a chance for you to ask about the course and for them to check you are a real person. And they should state if they have them in their entry requirements.

So long as you don't punch an interviewer in the face you'll be fine :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by ronaldm49

I am also applying for this course at Bristol and Bath. Where else are you applying and what is your No1 Choice???
Reply 3
Original post by jneill
If they do they will be informal and not significantly important in their decision making. Just about everyone who gets an engineering interview anywhere except Cambridge or Oxford or (to a lesser extent) Imperial gets an offer.

They are more a chance for you to ask about the course and for them to check you are a real person. And they should state if they have them in their entry requirements.

So long as you don't punch an interviewer in the face you'll be fine :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi I am gonna be applying for aerospace/aeronautical engineering this year. My predicted grades are A*AA however Imperials entry requirements are A*A*A. Is it worth a shot applying(Maybe my PS can win them over). Or will I be straight in the No pile. (Because I know there is a lot of competition)
Reply 4
Original post by mahmzo
Hi I am gonna be applying for aerospace/aeronautical engineering this year. My predicted grades are A*AA however Imperials entry requirements are A*A*A. Is it worth a shot applying(Maybe my PS can win them over). Or will I be straight in the No pile. (Because I know there is a lot of competition)

It's very competitive, but also it's just one spot on your form. If you don't apply you definitely won't get an offer :wink:

However they rarely relax entry requirements so you'd still need to actually get A*A*A...
Reply 5
Original post by jneill
It's very competitive, but also it's just one spot on your form. If you don't apply you definitely won't get an offer :wink:

However they rarely relax entry requirements so you'd still need to actually get A*A*A...

I mean lets say I do end up getting the grades(On results day).

What I mean is at this point in time my predicted that will be sent off is A*AA. So I may perhaps get an offer?
Reply 6
Original post by mahmzo
I mean lets say I do end up getting the grades(On results day).

What I mean is at this point in time my predicted that will be sent off is A*AA. So I may perhaps get an offer?

No your reference includes your predicted grades when you apply (before 15 Jan). On Results Day they are no longer predicted, they are actual... And that's when the Offer goes Unconditional (because you will have met the conditions).

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply