The Student Room Group

In love with two people

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
That Johnny Depp quote (if it's even him who said it first; I recall seeing it on images of him, not that that means anything) is a load of horses**t lol. The notion that humans are intrinsically perfectly monogamous, and that any romantic feelings for more than one party necessarily diminish the strength and actuality of said feelings on the one-to-one level, is borne not out of reason but out of our desire for loyal romantic partners. Nobody wants to feel they aren't their partner's world, so we compromise, but anyone in a relationship can become infatuated (in love is a strong phrase for someone you haven't known long) with someone else.
You can't love your existing bf so much otherwise you wouldnt be doing it and you wouldnt feel guilty. Take a time out from both of them and then you can evaluate how you feel. Cant imagine being with someone who is unable to hold a conversation, that would sound dull and lonely.
Original post by Cremated_Spatula
2.5 years of time invested in somebody is a lot to throw away but if you and your boyfriend aren't as compatible as you would like then the relationship is probably going do break down somewhere along the line anyway.

Spoiler

She pretty much already has
Original post by Anonymous
Okay I'm female and I've been in a relationship with my boyfriend for 2.5 years and we've been very committed, talking about a life together. I love him so much, but I have had tiny doubts in the past, like sometimes I feel like if we ever broke up we wouldn't be friends because we don't have loads in common and we are very different people. I also feel like it's always me who's talking and he can't hold a conversation very well, also recently he's been really negative about everything.

Anyway I met this guy last week, I have met him before but never spoken properly. We met through mutual friends and since then have been talking non-stop. We have so much in common, we can talk for hours and he is one of the nicest people I have ever met. We keep talking about how we've both become like best friends with each other but we both know it's more than that; I'm pretty certain he feels the same way.

And now I feel so guilty because I feel I am emotionally cheating on my boyfriend. I think about the other guy all the time, even when I'm with my boyfriend and it's just making me view my current relationship as inadequate, and I don't feel I can be intimate with my boyfriend if I am thinking about someone else.
It's really getting to me now, because usually when I am upset about something I talk to my boyfriend about it but obviously I can't do that without hurting him and I can't tell the other guy either.
I feel too guilty to tell anyone and I really don't know what to do!

Please give your opinions, don't hold back, I don't mind what you say :smile:

Wow feels great to get that off my chest

OMG I have the same problem as you: I am in love with two people!:frown: I feel so guilty when I am with my boyfriend and I really don't want to hurt him but I don't know what to do!:s-smilie:
Original post by donutellme
She pretty much already has

Yeah, pretty much. Like you said, it's going to be a clusterf*ck no matter what she does.
Original post by sazriah
If you love two people at the same time, choose the second. Because if you really loved the first one, you wouldn't have fallen for the second...

This does not make any sense

At

All.
Original post by TruthBeTold'
This does not make any sense

At

All.

That's great for you but it does to me.
Original post by sazriah
That's great for you but it does to me.

It's not about me. It's about you indoctrinating the public - and yourself - with nonsense.
Original post by TruthBeTold'
It's not about me. It's about you indoctrinating the public - and yourself - with nonsense.

It's just a quote and it's only a thread on TSR, calm down. I can believe something and I can post it, simple. That's what this website is for :smile:
Original post by sazriah
It's just a quote and it's only a thread on TSR, calm down. I can believe something and I can post it, simple. That's what this website is for :smile:

You are correct. That is good reasoning

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending