The Student Room Group

Psychology, Sociology, or Spanish A Level?

I'm applying for colleges rn and I still haven't completely decided on my a levels. I'm thinking of taking maths and english literature but I can't choose between psychology, sociology or spanish. If the college offers it, I'm also considering taking classical civilisation as well but idk
Original post by n457
I'm applying for colleges rn and I still haven't completely decided on my a levels. I'm thinking of taking maths and english literature but I can't choose between psychology, sociology or spanish. If the college offers it, I'm also considering taking classical civilisation as well but idk

Which are you most interested in? And/or what are you hoping to do after A Levels? :smile:
españollllllllll
Spanish
Reply 4
Original post by Leviathan1741
Which are you most interested in? And/or what are you hoping to do after A Levels? :smile:

I was considering psychology because I was thinking of becoming a forensic psychologist but I don't know if that's what I want to do anymore. However, I feel like it might be really interesting to take and I still want to have a career that involves criminology so that's why I was also thinking about doing sociology. With spanish, I take it at GCSE and I heard that it's really hard at a level but I enjoy spanish and I'm really good at it. After A Levels, I'm hoping to go to uni but I don't know what degree I'll take unless I change my mind again and continue becoming a psychologist.
Original post by n457
I was considering psychology because I was thinking of becoming a forensic psychologist but I don't know if that's what I want to do anymore. However, I feel like it might be really interesting to take and I still want to have a career that involves criminology so that's why I was also thinking about doing sociology. With spanish, I take it at GCSE and I heard that it's really hard at a level but I enjoy spanish and I'm really good at it. After A Levels, I'm hoping to go to uni but I don't know what degree I'll take unless I change my mind again and continue becoming a psychologist.

Many psychology degrees require one, preferably two science subjects at A Level. Maths is usually counted as a science, but your application (if you decided on applying for psychology) would be stronger if you took Psychology, which would be your second science. On the other hand, you're good at Spanish, and language A Levels are highly regarded by universities. Whichever subject you choose, a variety of degrees will be open to you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest