The Student Room Group

Fresher sharing accom with 3 second years

What do I need to do, how will it be different??
Original post by Lord Kitchener
What do I need to do, how will it be different??

Hello :smile:,

So you're a Fresher sharing sharing accommodation with three Second Years? Good news is, it'll barely be any different.
Second and Third Years (the majority) look taking First Years under their wing and if you are living with three of them, they will all support you, give you advice and generally help you with university life.

You don't need to do anything different - just prepare for university as you were doing and move in and have fun!

Best of luck :biggrin:
Original post by JustGeorgeJ
Hello :smile:,

So you're a Fresher sharing sharing accommodation with three Second Years? Good news is, it'll barely be any different.
Second and Third Years (the majority) look taking First Years under their wing and if you are living with three of them, they will all support you, give you advice and generally help you with university life.

You don't need to do anything different - just prepare for university as you were doing and move in and have fun!

Best of luck :biggrin:

They all requested quiet living though which I think will not make the experience the typical one, but thanks for the reassurance
Original post by Lord Kitchener
They all requested quiet living though which I think will not make the experience the typical one, but thanks for the reassurance

It'll be best to judge once you are, quiet living doesn't exactly mean you have to be quiet 24/7 - you'll be able to experience the Freshers feeling still and they will understand that, it's not like you'll be partying all year! (Or maybe you will).
Try not to fret about it too much! :smile:
Original post by JustGeorgeJ
It'll be best to judge once you are, quiet living doesn't exactly mean you have to be quiet 24/7 - you'll be able to experience the Freshers feeling still and they will understand that, it's not like you'll be partying all year! (Or maybe you will).
Try not to fret about it too much! :smile:

Yeah I just said that to one of them.

Luckily we are on the ground floor so like it will be easily getting girls in and out of there.
Reply 5
Having people familiar to the university and surrounding area could be nice, plus I wouldn't worry about the 'quiet living' thing. It doesn't mean pindrop silence; likely just means you're housemates won't be down for midnight parties. To me, that sounds nice anyway.
they will probably already have friendship groups outside the flat (although they may be returning from placements and their friends have left) so you will have to be a bit more proactive in finding friends

they are also likely to have higher standards in terms of flat cleanliness (although it's not guaranteed)

they will be able to give you some advice about your town and so on which can be useful

Quick Reply

Latest