The Student Room Group

People who use instagram follower apps..

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by hateme
Lol wrong person mate :tongue:
Its the other girl who replied to u

Nah, you did it too :colone:
Reply 21
The idea of a follower app is not just to follow people but also to see who unfollowed you, so you unfollow them. People probably value followers a lot, it makes them feel special and gives them the impression that they are more popular. It's just like getting reps, likes or retweets. We always want more of these things for validation even though it's just there to look pretty on our profiles.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 22
Original post by GUMI
Nah, you did it too :colone:

lol what did i do too friendo
Reply 23
Original post by UWS
The idea of a follower app is not just to follow people but also to see who unfollowed you, so you unfollow them. People probably value followers a lot, it makes them feel special and gives them the impression that they are more popular. It's just like getting reps, likes or retweets. We always want more of these things for validation even though it's just there to look pretty on our profiles.

It shows who blockedu too :rofl:
Reply 24
Original post by UWS

Except I doubt anyone really cares how many reps you got on tsr lmao
I use to care a lot. I remember when hit 11k on my old account I was really excited. Lol
Reply 26
Original post by GUMI
Except I doubt anyone really cares how many reps you got on tsr lmao

Oh you would be surprised.

Not me...
Instagram are full of memes and Google quotes and the worst thing these people post it just for likes. They don't even mean it. They all talk and not walk

There are so many fake people on there. All the happy pictures you see are fake, inside they are all depressed and insecure. I find it quite sad how people are obsessed with loads of followers and being the most popular :dry:
Reply 28
Original post by saraxh
I use to care a lot. I remember when hit 11k on my old account I was really excited. Lol

Can I add to that number:sexface:
Reply 29
Original post by saraxh

That's a lot of k's. I have 47 followers :judge:
Original post by GUMI
That's a lot of k's. I have 47 followers :judge:

It was my old account(embarrasing) so I don't have it anymore :smile:
Reply 31
Mainly use them as a means to find people who don't follow me back or people that are inactive. Reason being that people that have unfollowed me were probably short lived friendships or people that simply aren't interested in my posts anymore for whatever reason. Also because I like creepin' like dat
I have a friend who has around 20k followers and follows 30 something. Every weekend she'll follow a couple hundred then instantly unfollow. And now shes pretty big (for a non celeb). She actually gets sponsored now by online clothes stores. Not making a fortune but still income.

Its definetly gotton to her head. We hardly speak anymore. She now has a few fan accounts and she really talks these people down.

Its not a path i want to go down. She has loads of people trying to be her friend because shes popular. But in reality i think shes quite lonely.

I know its not a following app but its a similar concept. Maybe they want to appear more popular than what they actually are.

Quick Reply

Latest