The Student Room Group

Hillary Clinton 'healthy and fit', says doctor

Hillary Clinton is "healthy and fit to serve" as US president, says her doctor, as her campaign released updated medical information.The statement said the Democratic presidential nominee "continues to improve" after a pneumonia diagnosis.
The disclosure came as her Republican rival Donald Trump released health data of his own on a medical chat show. Clinton aides say she will return to the campaign trail on Thursday after falling ill in public at the weekend.

Both candidates, among the oldest ever to run for the White House, have been under intense pressure to share more medical information.
Health issues have dominated the race for November's election since a dizzy spell forced Mrs Clinton, 68, to leave a 9/11 ceremony in New York on Sunday.
Her campaign said on Wednesday that her physician found her complete physical examination was "normal" and she is in "excellent mental condition".
Dr Lisa Bardack said Mrs Clinton was "recovering well with antibiotics and rest".

Donald Trump appeared on The Dr Oz Show to discuss his own health
The campaign said she had a chest scan on Friday that showed a "mild, non-contagious bacterial pneumonia". Mrs Clinton - who has been recuperating at her suburban New York home - was treated with an antibiotic called Levaquin, which she was prescribed for 10 days. "She continues to remain healthy and fit to serve as President of the United States," concluded Dr Bardack in the letter.
The physician said Mrs Clinton was up to date on all vaccines, including two given to help prevent pneumonia, Prevnar and Pneumovax.
The letter did not state when she received those vaccines. Mrs Clinton's blood pressure (of 100 over 70) and total cholesterol (189) were all within healthy levels, according to the letter.Media captionHillary Clinton health concerns 'are sexist', says former New York Times editor
The former Secretary of State also had a normal mammogram and breast ultrasound, said the doctor.Shetakes thyroid and allergy medicines and the blood thinner Coumadin, prescribed after she suffered a blood clot resulting from a 2012 concussion.
The blood clot was said to have been in a vein in the space between the brain and the skull behind the right ear.
The complication led Mrs Clinton to spend a few days in hospital and take a month off from her job at the State Department.
Mr Trump, meanwhile, has said he is planning to release details this week of a recent physical.
The Republican White House nominee handed over a one-page summary of that examination while appearing on The Dr Oz Show.
The syndicated television show will not be broadcast until Thursday and the campaign declined to immediately disclose the results.
Mr Trump has repeatedly suggested Mrs Clinton is unfit, telling supporters last month she "lacks the mental and physical stamina" to serve as president.
She suffered a coughing fit last week at a campaign event in Cleveland, Ohio, which fuelled speculation about her condition. The Clinton campaign has accused opponents of pushing a "deranged conspiracy" about her health.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-us-2016-37369615

So is this all a lie?

Is she really getting better or is it all just a massive conspiracy and cover up?

Scroll to see replies

I'm sure it's perfectly normal to recover from pneumonia in one day, for pneumonia to cause some kind of collapse/seizure thing, and I'm sure there's nothing strange about the way that her aids acted completely calmly and naturally when she started collapsing/seizuring as if it had happened many times before.

Anyone who thinks otherwise must support the genocide of all non-Aryans. Why? Who cares. It doesn't have to make sense when it comes to so-called left-wing logic.
Stick a fork in her, this turkey is done.
seems like all the medical experts on TSR were wrong, who would've guessed
Whatever comes out from the Clinton camp, believe the opposite of it.
Original post by alevelstresss
seems like all the medical experts on TSR were wrong, who would've guessed

So you don't think Clinton's aids are capable of lying?
Original post by KingBradly
So you don't think Clinton's aids are capable of lying?

do you have any evidence to substantiate the suggestion that they are lying? apart from some hypotheticals?
do you have any evidence to substantiate the suggestion that they are lying? apart from some hypotheticals?

That's besides the point. I'm asking you whether you think her aides are completely trustworthy, which you seem to given that you take their word as axiom.

Check out all the other cases where she has physically been shown to have poor health.
That's besides the point. I'm asking you whether you think her aides are completely trustworthy, which you seem to given that you take their word as axiom.

Given the pressure they're under right now to be consistent, and in the crosshairs of mistrust, I think it would be stupid for them to lie.

I'm not blindly supporting the anti-Trump crowd, as you seem to think.
Given the pressure they're under right now to be consistent, and in the crosshairs of mistrust, I think it would be stupid for them to lie.

I'm not blindly supporting the anti-Trump crowd, as you seem to think.

But they did lie when they said that she was just overheating.
Reply 11
I'm sure it's perfectly normal to recover from pneumonia in one day, for pneumonia to cause some kind of collapse/seizure thing, and I'm sure there's nothing strange about the way that her aids acted completely calmly and naturally when she started collapsing/seizuring as if it had happened many times before.

Anyone who thinks otherwise must support the genocide of all non-Aryans. Why? Who cares. It doesn't have to make sense when it comes to so-called left-wing logic.

You would need to read about the type of pneumonia she had and the treatement. believe it or not they are not all the same.
But they did lie when they said that she was just overheating.

So what? Circumstances have changed, they're in the crosshairs of mistrust to the greatest extent so far - it would be stupid to continue lying, which was my original point. They've been exposed, and to continue lying is something I would not expect them to do, with the whole of America fixating on her health.
Original post by 999tigger
You would need to read about the type of pneumonia she had and the treatement. believe it or not they are not all the same.

"With treatment, the symptoms of walking pneumonia are alleviated within two weeks. It also may take up to six weeks for walking pneumonia to resolve."

Also can't find anything about it causing seizures/spasms/collapses.
So what? Circumstances have changed, they're in the crosshairs of mistrust to the greatest extent so far - it would be stupid to continue lying, which was my original point. They've been exposed, and to continue lying is something I would not expect them to do, with the whole of America fixating on her health.

It would pretty bad for them if, after owning up to lying about her overheating and apologising, they then went on to admit that Hillary has been suffering from a serious illness such as parkinsons for some time. They probably want to get her into office before start admitting anything like that.
Reply 15
"With treatment, the symptoms of walking pneumonia are alleviated within two weeks. It also may take up to six weeks for walking pneumonia to resolve."

Also can't find anything about it causing seizures/spasms/collapses.

Is the full answer to the bit you quoted.

According to WebMD, mild infections typically do not require treatment and resolve on their own. If treated, a doctor may prescribe antibiotics. Although the symptoms of walking pneumonia are similar to cold and flu symptoms, over-the-counter cold and flu medicines do not relieve walking pneumonia symptoms. If symptoms worsen, the individual should seek medical attention.

How serious is it?
Walking pneumonia is so mild that it can often be mistaken for a cold. Sufferers, although unwell, may feel healthy enough to continue to work. It rarely requires hospitalisation and can be cured in as little as a week.

How is it treated?
In contrast to the more serious form of the condition, walking pneumonia can usually be treated effectively with a prescription of antibiotics taken at home with rest and by drinking plenty of fluids.
(edited 7 years ago)
It would pretty bad for them if, after owning up to lying about her overheating and apologising, they then went on to admit that Hillary has been suffering from a serious illness such as parkinsons for some time. They probably want to get her into office before start admitting anything like that.

it would be far worse if they were caught lying again and exposed
Original post by 999tigger
How serious is it?
Walking pneumonia is so mild that it can often be mistaken for a cold. Sufferers, although unwell, may feel healthy enough to continue to work. It rarely requires hospitalisation and can be cured in as little as a week.

How is it treated?
In contrast to the more serious form of the condition, walking pneumonia can usually be treated effectively with a prescription of antibiotics taken at home with rest and by drinking plenty of fluids.

Well, this contradicts two elements. If it is so mild, how did it cause her to collapse? And your source says a week. That's a lot longer than a single night.
it would be far worse if they were caught lying again and exposed

It would be, but at this stage they may as well take the risk.
Reply 19
Well, this contradicts two elements. If it is so mild, how did it cause her to collapse? And your source says a week. That's a lot longer than a single night.

They are general medical explanations. Obviously the impact will differ from patient to patient. If you wnat to believe they are lying, its a cover up and she really has full blown pneumonia then thats up to you. It will be pretty hard fpr her to campaign at all and she will die.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending