The Student Room Group

Do I have to wear make up to be attractive to guys?

I don't wear make up at all and never have, and it's not something I want to go into. But it seems like a standard for girls (everyone else wears it), I might have to, especially if it makes senpai notice me.

Opinions?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Yes
Reply 2
It depends. I think wearing makeup makes girls feel more secure about their looks. Confidence is attractive to guys, as is the physical appearance.

But you don't have to wear it to be attractive. Some girls look good without it. Some guys don't even care if a girl does or does not wear makeup. What matters most is that you're happy with what you do.
Reply 3
it really depends on you as an individual, i've known women who wear hardly any makeup at all and they look absolutely fine.
Nah.
Original post by UWS
It depends. I think wearing makeup makes girls feel more secure about their looks. Confidence is attractive to guys, as is the physical appearance.

But you don't have to wear it to be attractive. Some girls look good without it. Some guys don't even care if a girl does or does not wear makeup. What matters most is that you're happy with what you do.

Not sure if srs

You don't OP, and in fact myself and a lot of other guys probably prefer if you don't (natural beauty is always 100x better).
A whole bunch of people are going to give you the "natural beauty" line which is a steaming pile of dung ; especially as they don't know what you look like.

The truth is you probably don't need make-up because of a combination of your age, our norms and a bunch of economics. You'll be desirable no matter what.
Who is senpai?
Yes, imperative
Original post by Trinculo
A whole bunch of people are going to give you the "natural beauty" line which is a steaming pile of dung ; especially as they don't know what you look like.

The truth is you probably don't need make-up because of a combination of your age, our norms and a bunch of economics. You'll be desirable no matter what.

Have interpreted this wrong or is this the most contradictory thing I've ever read
No make-up is the way to go.
Reply 11
I ask myself the same OP. I look good without make-up and I'm naturally attractive but if I wear no make up against my friends who are wearing it, I look so much less attractive than them, and I look so young too.

I stick to wearing mascara, concealer under my eyes and darkening my eyebrows a bit so I don't stand out so much and feel so self conscious 😳
Original post by Athena64
I don't wear make up at all and never have, and it's not something I want to go into. But it seems like a standard for girls (everyone else wears it), I might have to, especially if it makes senpai notice me.

Opinions?

Not necessarily, I went for almost two years wearing no make up at all and I still got asked out by guys
Nah, we really aren't as bothered as people think :biggrin:
Yes but properly apply it and don't be a sheep.

Wear a lot of black make-up around the eyes and a lot of blusher, not so much foundation.
Reply 15

Opinions?

most girls look better with a little makeup,

as for weather or not you need to wear it to be attractive to guys, this is a difficult question to answer without actually seeing you.

I will say this though, having approached a lot of women I do notice a correlation between how much effort they've put into their clothes/shoes/makeup and their receptivity to being approached/chatted up.

simply put. I find girls in no makeup/regular clothes tend not to be really looking for much male attention.

now before I approach a woman. The first thing I do is look at what she is wearing and if she has any makeup on, and then ask myself the question. "Is this woman LOOKING for male attention?"

If the answer is no, then i simply won't bother approaching her.
Original post by Rakas21
Yes but properly apply it and don't be a sheep.

Wear a lot of black make-up around the eyes and a lot of blusher, not so much foundation.

It's not necessary for her to wear makeup to attract male attention. Sure,a little bit of makeup is/can be flattering but she can also do without. To each their own.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by TruthBeTold'
Have interpreted this wrong or is this the most contradictory thing I've ever read

How so?

The natural beauty line is just a trope that people say to make themselves feel good, and give the impression that they're somehow not superficial.

On desirability - a young woman, unless she has some extremely negative traits, should be attractive to most young men without much effort, simply because of the economics of the situation, and the way we organise ourselves socially.
My boyfriend compliments me more when I'm wearing it and tells me I look different and can't tell why haha. Then I tell him I'm wearing make up and he is like ohhhhh yeah I like it. He said contouring scares him though because it's like a mask.*

I'm so basic with my make up though. I'm awful at applying it. I put a tiny bit of foundation on my chin only, then I put eyeliner and mascara on. It's subtle but it helps my confidence I suppose. And like other men say, confidence is attractive. I often wonder if I should wear more - like applying foundation all over my face. I find it so uncomfortable though! *

Opinions?

Be fully natural m8.

Besides we wanna see ur actual face, not a mask (like some girls who face plant their makeup kit or w.e...) :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending