The Student Room Group

Hospital pharmacy Pre-registration Applications (Pharmalife) 2017/2018

Scroll to see replies

Invitation to stage 2 for both! It came so late I was sure I got rejected..
Do you think it'll be like an OSCE?
Guys don't forget to reply to the email to confirm attendance..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Same, got into stage 2 for south east, anyone doing their interview on the 22nd and willing to swap it to the 21st? x
Original post by trustmeimlying1
How did you get so many interviews? Is that for second round too?

1st round, 2nd round and the loose ones (I did mention it in the first line of the post :|)
Original post by quasa
1st round, 2nd round and the loose ones (I did mention it in the first line of the post :|)

What are the loose ones? Are there any this year??
Original post by MeredithGrey13
What are the loose ones? Are there any this year??

I call the "loose ones" the ones which advertise after 2nd round ie if a candidate drops out after being offered a job for whatever reason.

sadly, 2nd round and "loose /random" ones are only known when the time comes. 2nd round you wont find out until after october. the random ones are, well, random
Original post by dzayyyyy
I've applied to TLC, Middlesex, UCL and st Georges. Hope it goes well

Hi did you get an interview for st georges
Original post by Rachpointon
Anybody heard from st George's?

Yh i got interview but i have no idea wat they will ask
Original post by quasa
I call the "loose ones" the ones which advertise after 2nd round ie if a candidate drops out after being offered a job for whatever reason.

sadly, 2nd round and "loose /random" ones are only known when the time comes. 2nd round you wont find out until after october. the random ones are, well, random

Ah I understand. Thank you.
Is it likely to secure a place during second round? I am just very sad with how the process turned out so unless my reserve turns into an interview, it's been so disheartening.
Ah I understand. Thank you.
Is it likely to secure a place during second round? I am just very sad with how the process turned out so unless my reserve turns into an interview, it's been so disheartening.

it si likely, just harder to get an interview (although interviews are mor eor less same as 1st round but people tend to find it harder due to the nature of the situation)
Original post by quasa
how do you find out about "loose" ones?

Original post by quasa
it si likely, just harder to get an interview (although interviews are mor eor less same as 1st round but people tend to find it harder due to the nature of the situation)
how does 2nd round work?
Anyone know anything about st georges interview
Original post by Workaholic99
Anyone know anything about st georges interview

I remember from the open day they said it won't be clinical... or at least very clinical as they don't expect us to know much. So I'm guessing value based, maybe some things about your application.
Original post by trustmeimlying1
how do you find out about "loose" ones?

how does 2nd round work?

NHS jobs
Original post by Jin3011
Eyo guys! Let me know if you want me to send you a file of common pre-reg interview questions to go over. Helped me prep for my interviews. Best wishes!

Please could you send it me! Thank you :smile:
Reply 655
Anyone know what the North Middlesex interviews are like?
For the hospitals in second round, is it they didn't get enough applicants? Or is it they were unhappy with the people they interviewed,or is it just people turning down positions?

Also does anyone know how long you could be on a reserve list before the application status changes?

Some hospitals purposely only fill a portion of their pre-reg posts in the first round. For example, Moorfields (I know it's in TLC now, but this is from last year) had 2 posts in all the previous years. They only fill 1 post in the first round, because they usually don't get a very high number of applicants. They save 1 post for second round, and they usually get more applicants than first round.
Anyone got an interview for UCLH tomorrow? Any idea what they can ask?
Original post by suitofgold
Some hospitals purposely only fill a portion of their pre-reg posts in the first round. For example, Moorfields (I know it's in TLC now, but this is from last year) had 2 posts in all the previous years. They only fill 1 post in the first round, because they usually don't get a very high number of applicants. They save 1 post for second round, and they usually get more applicants than first round.

Are you ever at a disadvantage for moor fields as its eyes whereas exam is on general?
Has anyone got an interview for GOSH they don't think they'll go for? 😂😂 I'm reserve!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending