The Student Room Group

2017 Investment Banking Graduate scheme

Scroll to see replies

Is it normal not to get a confirmation email from HSBC after submitting? Says it is under consideration online...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JessicaPearson
Was this rejection before or after the numerical reasoning?

Before. I assumed that you were automatically requested to do the numerical reasoning so the fact that I wasn't already seemed odd.
Original post by Thomas9853
Before. I assumed that you were automatically requested to do the numerical reasoning so the fact that I wasn't already seemed odd.

I believe that they pre-screen and then send the numerical. I applied for Markets and since I submitted my application I haven't received anything.
Original post by JessicaPearson
I believe that they pre-screen and then send the numerical. I applied for Markets and since I submitted my application I haven't received anything.

Same boat, applied and haven't even heard a bloody rejection back yet from Citi
Reply 364
Does anyone know whether Citi still uses that different style numerical this year? It was neither SHL nor Kenexa...
Original post by amal90
Does anyone know whether Citi still uses that different style numerical this year? It was neither SHL nor Kenexa...

Yes, it's still TalentQ.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by amal90

Yep, they use TalentQ, which doesn't have overall time limit but each question has its own time limit.
Any insight into Citi 1st round for Markets?
Original post by TheParham
Same boat, applied and haven't even heard a bloody rejection back yet from Citi

Yea it seems strange that the prescreening has eliminated so many people especially if you consider they have one of the hardest tests. Maybe Citi relies on recruiting from summer interns more than i thought.
Last year Citi threw out my application without sending me the test... This year, pretty much same cv etc but I got a test invite after 3 days. Real comedians these HR kids. I am going to get absolutely demolished by that TalentQ test though...
Wouldn't worry, last year Citi had an Analyst role come up like a few months ago. There's always that if you don't get through this time round. They always have a few places open up very late in the cycle.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Commercial Paper
Wouldn't worry, last year Citi had an Analyst role come up like a few months ago. There's always that if you don't get through this time round. They always have a few places open up very late in the cycle.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yea hoping that's the case. Just annoying to not even get a test invitation when I have basically used the same application that got me test invitations before. Oh well moving on...
Original post by spoli21
Any insight into Citi 1st round for Markets?

Hi there have you received the interview invitation already? I submitted my online test 2 days ago and heard nothing since then...
Original post by elenachen0729
Hi there have you received the interview invitation already? I submitted my online test 2 days ago and heard nothing since then...

Yeah, did the test on Sunday and got invitation yesterday.
Is the HSBC Inductive Reasoning Test basically a standard logical test?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is the HSBC Inductive Reasoning Test basically a standard logical test?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yh was standard SHL last year
Does anybody know whether HSBC accept final years for their summer internships? They only seem to mention penultimate year students qualifying for these internships but I don't know how rigid they are on this
Original post by The_Potato
Does anybody know whether HSBC accept final years for their summer internships? They only seem to mention penultimate year students qualifying for these internships but I don't know how rigid they are on this

Only if you're doing an MSc, they said to me. Otherwise you cannot apply to summer as a final year.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Only if you're doing an MSc, they said to me. Otherwise you cannot apply to summer as a final year.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's sad to hear :frown: thanks for the info though
I signed up to brightnetwork and i applied for citi ib and s&t fast track application. After a month they emailed me saying they will email me next week with a date for my phone interview. i havent done the online numerical test.. How is this even possible? Anyone else used brightnetwork?

Quick Reply

Latest