The Student Room Group

Food/Excercise plan similar to The Body Coach

Just wondering if anyone knows of any food/exercise plans similar to that of The Body Coach without the price tag? I am a poor student who doesn't have the budget to buy it, let alone afford the fancy food used in it :tongue: but I am also in need of a serious plan to follow as I am starting to take my food and exercise more seriously and would like a strict guide to help me start out

Thanks in advance!

Scroll to see replies

Why do you want such a strict guide?

Also the body coach much like 99% of online "coaches" out there is out for your wallet, the plans are absolute garbage
Reply 2
Original post by Angry cucumber

Also the body coach much like 99% of online "coaches" out there is out for your wallet, the plans are absolute garbage

Because I just work better following strict guides. Without one, I would just fall off track and eat rubbish food and not exercise, etc, which would get me down as I wouldn't be loosing the weight, despite it being my own fault.

Do you have any other suggestions of apps or anything then that I could get to help? I'm a complete newbie at this.
My girlfriend bought Joe Wick's SSS plan. From memory the basic principle of the diet is big (big!) portions of meats, greens and fats for meals (including breakfast) and only having carbs (and ditching fats) after working out. Also stay clear of sugar and processed meats. You can simply apply those principles to cheaper own brand food from the supermarket.
For exercise it's mainly circuit training with dumbbells, barbells or kettlebells- pick five exercises and cycle through them 30 seconds on, 30 seconds rest continuously for x number of rounds, usually at least five for 25 minute total. It's recommended to do this at least five times a week, even everyday if you can, since it's short and sharp you won't need many rest days.
You can just make your own programme from those general guidelines and save £147 too!
Reply 4
Original post by pol pot noodles
My girlfriend bought Joe Wick's SSS plan. From memory the basic principle of the diet is big (big!) portions of meats, greens and fats for meals (including breakfast) and only having carbs (and ditching fats) after working out. Also stay clear of sugar and processed meats. You can simply apply those principles to cheaper own brand food from the supermarket.
For exercise it's mainly circuit training with dumbbells, barbells or kettlebells- pick five exercises and cycle through them 30 seconds on, 30 seconds rest continuously for x number of rounds, usually at least five for 25 minute total. It's recommended to do this at least five times a week, even everyday if you can, since it's short and sharp you won't need many rest days.
You can just make your own programme from those general guidelines and save £147 too!

AH thank you so much! :colondollar: This will be a massive help, now I don't even need to consider buying it :tongue: you're a star!
Reply 5
Buy his book if you want his recipes but that's all. First 4 weeks eat the low carb meals except meal after exercising. Second 4 weeks low carb meals non exercise days and carb meals every meal exercise day. Havent bothered reading enough testimonials to work out phase 3. Book also has hiit workouts to do cardio and resistance twice a week. I believe on his SSS plan he advised no weights in phase 1 but can't see how they can harm your progress.
Original post by LisaH97
Because I just work better following strict guides. Without one, I would just fall off track and eat rubbish food and not exercise, etc, which would get me down as I wouldn't be loosing the weight, despite it being my own fault.

Do you have any other suggestions of apps or anything then that I could get to help? I'm a complete newbie at this.

Myfitnesspal. Download that free app. Track calories. Maintain, gain or lose weight, easy as that
Reply 7
Yeah, do it yourself. I've not used my fitness pal but I just switched to cronomter and really like it. Pick one day a week, plan your meals for the rest of the week, use the tracker to make sure it's nutritionally good, do your shopping and only have those foods in, do as much of the food prep in advance as you can. And there you have a free strict plan that is personally tailored to your tastes and lifestyle
[QUOTE=BKS;67632562]Yeah, do it yourself. I've not used my fitness pal but I just switched to cronomter and really like it. Pick one day a week, plan your meals for the rest of the week, use the tracker to make sure it's nutritionally good, do your shopping and only have those foods in, do as much of the food prep in advance as you can. And there you have a free strict plan that is personally tailored to your tastes and lifestyle

Good suggestion.
I plan my meals (i started doing it due to cost really, as opposed to walking in Tesco and just aimlessly buying stuff) and that way you can't really eat rubbish.

I buy myself sweets etc sometimes but just factor it into my macros.

The more you do it, the easier it is to estimate without having to track so religiously.
Reply 9
Original post by Unistudent77
Good suggestion.
I plan my meals (i started doing it due to cost really, as opposed to walking in Tesco and just aimlessly buying stuff) and that way you can't really eat rubbish.

I buy myself sweets etc sometimes but just factor it into my macros.

The more you do it, the easier it is to estimate without having to track so religiously.

I started doing it for cost too, now I am less bothered about the money and more because I eat crap otherwise. I'm pretty busy so if I don't make specific time for cooking then it's not going to happen during the week and I'll just eat toast and cereal. It's just habit now, I spent about 3hrs yesterday cooking but it makes the rest of my week so much easier if I don't have to think about food
[QUOTE=BKS;67633774]I started doing it for cost too, now I am less bothered about the money and more because I eat crap otherwise. I'm pretty busy so if I don't make specific time for cooking then it's not going to happen during the week and I'll just eat toast and cereal. It's just habit now, I spent about 3hrs yesterday cooking but it makes the rest of my week so much easier if I don't have to think about food

I get you. I always eat but at my flat it is harder with other people cooking. You need to have it sorted so that you can get your food cooked when you want to.

That's sooooo long haha. I do spend a good hour cooking most days i must admit.
Reply 11
That's sooooo long haha. I do spend a good hour cooking most days i must admit.

It's boring but I swear it's more efficient. During the week I spend on average 15mins a day organising food for the next day whilst dinner heats/cooks and everything else is then few mins to be ready. Probably 5hrs total spent on sorting food per week
[QUOTE=BKS;67634354]It's boring but I swear it's more efficient. During the week I spend on average 15mins a day organising food for the next day whilst dinner heats/cooks and everything else is then few mins to be ready. Probably 5hrs total spent on sorting food per week

It probably is tbh. Not a bad idea.

Maybe when i'm middle aged i'll do that :tongue:
Original post by Angry cucumber

What makes them garbage? My mum and sister were talking about them and it seemed to pretty much make sense.
Well the 'Online Coach' claims natty status so that alone makes me not believe anything else he says
Reply 15
Original post by BKS
Yeah, do it yourself. I've not used my fitness pal but I just switched to cronomter and really like it. Pick one day a week, plan your meals for the rest of the week, use the tracker to make sure it's nutritionally good, do your shopping and only have those foods in, do as much of the food prep in advance as you can. And there you have a free strict plan that is personally tailored to your tastes and lifestyle

Ah this is perfect! Thank you! :colondollar:
Well the 'Online Coach' claims natty status so that alone makes me not believe anything else he says

Who are we talking about here?? If you think that Body Coach guy is on steroids you have some serious low standards.
They may as well just start drug testing anyone who buys above a medium size in Topman.
[QUOTE=SmashConcept;67659298]Who are we talking about here?? If you think that Body Coach guy is on steroids you have some serious low standards.We're talking about Rayond... Right?

Either that or he loves photoshop.

It isn't his size that attracts significant criticism, more his leaness and vascularity.

You can watch Silent Mike's vid with him on YT and all the comments.

Nobody but him knows if he is on or not but i'd doubt it.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest