The Student Room Group

Gaytopia

https://www.queerty.com/dude-wants-start-country-gay-people-no-heteros-allowed-20160912

Interesting. I think it's a ****ing terrible idea. So what if I move to gaytopia, I have a kid and is as most likely, he's straight? Is he to be expelled from gaytopia at a certain age? After a few generations you would probably be back at normal proportions of straight and gay because all the natives-born gaytopians would have a 90% chance of being straight.

It's a crappy idea. Yes it's still bad to be gay in places like Russia, but it's pretty darn awesome to be gay in the UK or US. This could be just divisive (and completely impractical)

Scroll to see replies

Sounds rather dumb and pointless.
Reply 2
Complete fringe lunatic by the sounds of things. What's the point in having a gay only town? I mean if he just wants to sun himself on a beach surrounded by other gay men, well Brighton is still quite sunny at this time of year. :p:
As a straight individual I feel that my human rights will be compromised here
Reply 4
Original post by Dez
Complete fringe lunatic by the sounds of things. What's the point in having a gay only town? I mean if he just wants to sun himself on a beach surrounded by other gay men, well Brighton is still quite sunny at this time of year. :p:

I thought Brighton already was gaytopia...
Original post by Drewski
I thought Brighton already was gaytopia...

Fire Island and Sydney. Brighton is a poor relation, gaytopia-wise
Original post by Pinkberry_y
As a straight individual I feel that my human rights will be compromised here

Iirc he said that straights wouldn't be allowed to own property or vote in gaytopia. In other words, like antebellum blacks in the American South. Sounds shite to me.
Reply 7
Original post by AlexanderHam
Iirc he said that straights wouldn't be allowed to own property or vote in gaytopia. In other words, like antebellum blacks in the American South. Sounds shite to me.

Wonder what happens if you're bi. Or asexual. :beard:
Original post by Mathemagicien
There would be enough gays in other countries to immigrate to the Homotopia, to maintain the population.

That would also be economically advantageous for the Homos (by that I mean, inhabitants of Homotopia); they wouldn't pay for the education and maintenance of 0-16 year olds.

Honestly, I like the idea. Everyone is a winner.

I doubt it would be high enough, since homosexuals are about 3% of the population of any given country.

...And now my post has been removed. Great, I am not sure how it was offensive though.
Original post by Dez
Wonder what happens if you're bi. Or asexual. :beard:

Or have straight children!
What a ****ing moron he is. Send him to Russia - Wants to segregate from the heterosexuals. ****
Original post by Dez
Brighton is more than just a bunch of queers. :colonhash: What about all the hipsters, Z-list celebrities and aspiring artistes? Oh, and web developers…

hey.. my hometown you're dissin pal. Norman Cook isn't Z list cos he played at the 2012 olympic opening ceremony leave it out

Yes it does doesn't it. It's discrimination, putting and people in catagories, I don't like it.
What is your point? The non-homo population will still produce more than enough homo children to maintain Homotopia.

Just because 3% is produced it doesn't mean they will go to gaytopia.
My OP has been warned, I'd just like to say to the mods that I am gay myself. I'm not being homophobic, maybe my language was a little over the top (and yes, straight people shouldn't be joining in with the "Oh look, homos queers etc"; that's like white people using the N word)
What is your point? The non-homo population will still produce more than enough homo children to maintain Homotopia.

Are you gay?
Original post by Dez
Brighton is more than just a bunch of queers. :colonhash: What about all the hipsters, Z-list celebrities and aspiring artistes? Oh, and web developers…

Are you gay?
Reply 17
https://www.queerty.com/dude-wants-start-country-gay-people-no-heteros-allowed-20160912

Interesting. I think it's a ****ing terrible idea. So what if I move to gaytopia, I have a kid and is as most likely, he's straight? Is he to be expelled from gaytopia at a certain age? After a few generations you would probably be back at normal proportions of straight and gay because all the natives-born gaytopians would have a 90% chance of being straight.

It's a crappy idea. Yes it's still bad to be gay in places like Russia, but it's pretty darn awesome to be gay in the UK or US. This could be just divisive (and completely impractical)

Dumb idea. I'd never want to live there.
Original post by Ciel.
Dumb idea. I'd never want to live there.

Of course it is. The leader of their movement said they'd go and find some free land somewhere. What a preposterous idea; there is no free land on earth. All land on earth is currently owned by some government or another.

The only thing they could do is to create a new island like the Chinese are doing in the Spratly area
Reply 19
Of course it is. The leader of their movement said they'd go and find some free land somewhere. What a preposterous idea; there is no free land on earth. All land on earth is currently owned by some government or another.

The only thing they could do is to create a new island like the Chinese are doing in the Spratly area

He's probably delusional, it's not going to happen.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending