The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website

Which gym is best? Pure Gym or The Gym Group?

Lads I'm living pretty much next to Eldon Garden this year and the gyms have super cheap pricing on:

It costs £92.99 for me to go Pure Gym for 9 months (£10.30 per month).
It costs £99.99 for me to go Gym Group for 10 months (£9.90 per month).

I'm going to check both out to see which is quieter, has better facilities and more weights but have you ever had bad experiences with them?

I know that Lifestyle charge a £40 fee if you miss a £10 payment so anything like that with these guys?
The gym group, 24 hour gym, the one near me is massive, people are friendly, I like the environment.

Only think I hate about it is the weight area near the dumbells always gets clogged up by heavy body builders. It dont give us skinny guys a chance to lift them :'(.
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website
Reply 2
Bump
Reply 3
.h
I go to PureGym but the one in Brighton, I think it's really good- clean, lots of equipment, not overwhelmingly busy and staff are helpful.
I go to PureGym - it's a nice gym with lots of equipment but I find a lot of the staff at my gym aren't easy to approach unless you're willing to pay for personal training lessons + many personal trainers aren't even fit, idk how that works. If you're willing to do your own thing, it's fine.
They are much of a muchness. Location is very important and a visit is essential. Go at a time you are likely to use it or when its busy 5-9pm.
Check the equipment. If you have unidays then theres 20% off pure gym. Not sure, but expect the gym group to have something similar.
Original post by Sacred Ground
I go to PureGym - it's a nice gym with lots of equipment but I find a lot of the staff at my gym aren't easy to approach unless you're willing to pay for personal training lessons + many personal trainers aren't even fit, idk how that works. If you're willing to do your own thing, it's fine.

Pure gum personal trainers are self employed, so they only make money if they have clients. They have to come in and work a min number of hours for free. Some of hem find hey make no or very little money, so they cna sometimes look a bit grumpy.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending