The Student Room Group

Summer 2017 Applications

Scroll to see replies

Original post by econ400
What are people's views on alerting banks to offers we have from other banks (e.g. from Spring Weeks)? Is there a chance of having your application seen earlier or are you more likely to shoot yourself in the foot?

Unless you don't like the division or the firm is RBS, I'd take the spring week offer, run with it and not look back. The difference between working at Credit Suisse and Goldman Sachs is close to nothing at the analyst stage. And even at the later stages, success in this industry is heavily dependent on your network and what people think of you!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JessicaPearson
I don't think there's an art to acing SJTs and personality tests, just try to align your responses with the core principles and values of the firm and maintain a degree of honesty throughout.

Exactly what JessicaPearson said. Also keep in mind it's not timed so take you time, put yourself in that situation and simply be sensible. Chances are if you already have some work experience, some of these situations would have already come up before, so think of what you did.
Original post by masterllecker
Exactly what JessicaPearson said. Also keep in mind it's not timed so take you time, put yourself in that situation and simply be sensible. Chances are if you already have some work experience, some of these situations would have already come up before, so think of what you did.

Mate have you watched the last night's suits episode? it's freaking crazy!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by dasu95
Mate have you watched the last night's suits episode? it's freaking crazy!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

FAAAK I'm two episodes behind noo spoilers please :frown:
Citi ibd f2f 1st round
Original post by Dante991
Also, do Schroders have any tests upon submitting?

Schroders doesn't take final years it seems
Original post by Flourish RY
Citi ibd f2f 1st round

congrats mate, good luck with interview
Original post by dasu95
Unless you don't like the division or the firm is RBS, I'd take the spring week offer, run with it and not look back. The difference between working at Credit Suisse and Goldman Sachs is close to nothing at the analyst stage. And even at the later stages, success in this industry is heavily dependent on your network and what people think of you!

Posted from TSR Mobile

^^ take note guys! Getting an analyst role is just the very very beginning, long way to go so don't sweat it
Original post by Flourish RY
Citi ibd f2f 1st round

Congrats! May I ask when did you submit your application and complete the numerical test? Thanks!
BAML have no numericals this year woo
1,000 words answers on Schroders application, rather be unemployed tbh
Anyone had an HSBC email telling them about a phone interview being next round but not getting the actual invite to it? Lol
Original post by TheParham

Mate fidelity want 300 words on your favourite book, AMs love taking the piss :frown:
Which banks have any test other than numerical for S&T? Also, which banks don't have a test upon receiving the application?
Original post by jchap9776
Mate fidelity want 300 words on your favourite book, AMs love taking the piss :frown:

300 on 50 Shades of Asset Management :wink:
gleacher shacklock numerical inv
Anyone know if Bank of England or MUFG have any aptitude tests?

Also, when the F- UCK are BAML going to open their Global Research summer?? called the girl at HR and she said dunno ffs
Original post by TheParham

This^
Original post by jchap9776

is that post the tests or what? I didnt get that

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending