The Student Room Group

Postgraduate account details and passport details

I received the undergraduate maintenance and tuition loans from 2012-2016 with no problems at all. I have now applied for the postgrad loan and submitted in July. I have received nothing and I start in two weeks.
I've called numerous times and have been told my passport is invalid, but its not, it valid for 8 more years. I looked online and saw that my place of birth (outside UK) had a different town name to what is listed in my passport. I have sent the passport in and a letter stating my online account is incorrect, as I feel this is the only problem with my application.
Will I receive my loan on time?
Hi,

As we do not have access to your account through the student room, we would ask that you call us to discuss this matter. Thanks
Reply 2
Original post by Victoria SFE
Hi,

As we do not have access to your account through the student room, we would ask that you call us to discuss this matter. Thanks

Ok but do you think its as simple as changing the online account details to match the passport then I'm approved? Because I can't think of any reason why its taken so long
It is not ourselves that confirm that the passport details are invalid, this information is checked with HM Passport Office.
Reply 4
It is not ourselves that confirm that the passport details are invalid, this information is checked with HM Passport Office.

I called HM passport office myself on tuesday and they confirmed the passport is valid, so im wondering what i have to do to speed up the application approval
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by DoodleDee
I called HM passport office myself on tuesday and they confirmed the passport is valid, so im wondering what i have to do to speed up the application approval

Hi,

As we do not have access to your account, we are unable to confirm why it is showing as invalid. If you can call our team they will be able to advise you further. Thanks
Reply 6
Hi,

As we do not have access to your account, we are unable to confirm why it is showing as invalid. If you can call our team they will be able to advise you further. Thanks

Ok thanks for your help :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending