The Student Room Group

Summer 2017 Applications

Scroll to see replies

UBS rejection 😮

Pretty surprised, I have a strong cv and I was confident about the tests...*
Original post by bored565
UBS rejection 😮

Commiserations. Was this an instant rejection after the numerical?
Original post by JessicaPearson
I completed the UBS numerical 2 weeks ago and I've heard nothing. 13 minutes to spare?! Jheez

That's odd, perhaps they are waiting till deadline to give out next stage as not all are rolling right? Was the UBS numerical SHL? any insight into it would be great aka time given and how many questions, thanks
Original post by alexjones1994
Has anyone heard back form UBS / Deutsche yet? I finished that UBS numerical with 13 minutes to spare... Thinking i must of f**cked it now

UBS IBD here and heard nothing
Original post by Commercial Paper

5 quesions, can't remember I closed the app straight away hahha
Original post by YoussefSilva
Do MS come back directly after test with the outcome of the test? How long have ppl waited to know if they passed or not?

I just finished both tests and haven't received an automatic response. I think I remember reading earlier in the thread that people have been waiting 2+ weeks for a response after the tests.
Original post by Dante991
That's odd, perhaps they are waiting till deadline to give out next stage as not all are rolling right? Was the UBS numerical SHL? any insight into it would be great aka time given and how many questions, thanks

Yes it was. If you have the same test as me, my tip is to come out the blocks flying. The last few questions had more calculations then the rest. Leave some time for that. 18 questions in 25 mins. Very generous imo
UBS rejection 😮

perhaps sth to do with your essays

btw, when did you finish tests?
Original post by Turing
I just finished both tests and haven't received an automatic response. I think I remember reading earlier in the thread that people have been waiting 2+ weeks for a response after the tests.

There's two tests for MS? I thought it was just a SHL numerical? what division did you apply to
Yes it was. If you have the same test as me, my tip is to come out the blocks flying. The last few questions had more calculations then the rest. Leave some time for that. 18 questions in 25 mins. Very generous imo

Thanks pal, sounds very similar to the Deutsche Bank one actually. It's odd how they make some questions tougher than others, considering they all account for the same mark :biggrin:
There's two tests for MS? I thought it was just a SHL numerical? what division did you apply to

Numerical & Logical for S&T

Have you received a response?
Original post by jchap9776
UBS IBD here and heard nothing

All I got was an email, 2 mins after the test saying 'Thank you for completing the tests...' Mine has only been 8 days. I think first rounds for most banks will be out 26th onwards.
Thanks pal, sounds very similar to the Deutsche Bank one actually. It's odd how they make some questions tougher than others, considering they all account for the same mark :biggrin:

Yeah. They all back end load them. Deutsche was a real ***** at the end. Lost of calculation. Had like 2 mins spare but I definitely got 1 wrong there.
Original post by Turing
Numerical & Logical for S&T

Have you received a response?

I had just a numerical for Equity Research, havent heard back but only submitted yesterday tbf
All I got was an email, 2 mins after the test saying 'Thank you for completing the tests...' Mine has only been 8 days. I think first rounds for most banks will be out 26th onwards.

yeah i did ubs in august so guess they must be just taking their time
In BoAML website it says "You may apply to one office and one division per year. If you are declined for the Summer program, you can reapply for the Full Time program the following year."

I'm confused, can we apply for two roles (summer & off-cycle) in the same division for the same office? Any thoughts on this?
UBS rejection 😮

Was this for IBD? Sorry to hear that mate, perhaps there were a few mistakes in your application?

When did you send off your application. I sent off mine for IBD about a week ago, did the tests on Sunday, heard nothing back yet.
Original post by jchap9776
yeah i did ubs in august so guess they must be just taking their time

Yeah. Going by RBC, they sent an email after u pass the tests saying 'next 4 to 6 weeks are telephone interviews.' Using that as a marker, just add on 4 weeks to the application opening as to when first rounds are most likely going to be (in most cases).
Original post by JessicaPearson
Commiserations. Was this an instant rejection after the numerical?

Original post by torres657
perhaps sth to do with your essays

btw, when did you finish tests?

Rejection like a month after the tests. My essays were dece I felt - lots of detail from their annual report, figures on M&A market share and recent deals.

Experience-wise I did a six month research internship with an MP on my gap year then another research internship doing research briefings for ministers/the PM in the Conservative Party during the general election and got a 2:1 in first year Law at Trinity, Cambridge....

I feel like I should've got a first round at least 😮
CIti test came through, I applied on the 5th for anyone interested

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending