The Student Room Group

Pepe the frog is now a white nationalist symbol

he Left and SJWs got extremly insane and paranoid. Aparently they are afraid of a cartoon frog so much that an official presidential nominee has warned about the "negative influence". Can the left go even deeper?

https://www.hillaryclinton.com/post/donald-trump-pepe-the-frog-and-white-supremacists-an-explainer/?utm_campaign=post_share_btn&utm_medium=share&utm_source=fb

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 3
Reply 4
How can a green frog with a Mexican name be a White Supremacist?
Praise our lord
Reply 8
Original post by Jizzy Jihad

Meme magic
Reply 9
Poor, poor Pepe.
Original post by Jizzy Jihad

Because SJWs are retarded*
They do like to use that meme.

(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by slaven
LOOOOL

Hopefully the PC government would not be stupid enough to ban Pepe.

No ones asking to ban it, just making the point that it has become popular among neo-Nazis.
Original post by KingBradly
So far this week the so-called left's biggest concerns have been a woman's sleeve getting singed slightly by a lighter and a cartoon frog.

They sure know how to focus on the important things.

While the Right *****es about someone sitting during the national anthem.

Pointing out that it is true that this meme has become popular among neo-Nazis doesn't mean that this is our greatest concern, it's simply stating the truth. Why does that trigger you people?
Reply 14
Original post by WBZ144
While the Right *****es about someone sitting during the national anthem.

Pointing out that it is true that this meme has become popular among neo-Nazis doesn't mean that this is our greatest concern, it's simply stating the truth. Why does that trigger you people?

No that's not true, I've been awake all night thinking about Pepe. The fear has consumed my life.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TheIr0nDuke
Where's your proof that it's popular among Nazis? An infamous board on 4chan uses it yes, but so do many others.

It's a green frog with a Mexican name. Pls grow up.

Original post by TelAviv
Pepe is not a white nationalist figure. He's an anti-PC culture figure who makes excellent memes

I trust that neither of you saw the anti-Semitic art using this meme that I was responding to (my post was probably deleted because I quoted it).
Original post by WBZ144
I trust that neither of you saw the anti-Semitic art using this meme that I was responding to (my post was probably deleted because I quoted it).

There's plenty of anti-Semitic art on the internet. Genuine Nazis and trolls from /pol/ convert the original Pepe images to unflattering caricatures of racial stereotypes. Nothing to do with the thousands who aren't Nazis.

Would you call Hillary Clinton a Nazi for being friends with Senator Robert Byrd (an ex-KKK member)?
I love this little frog so much, i laugh nearly every time he is used
Harambe>Pepe
Original post by JohnGreek
Using a meme in a racist picture doesn't make those who use it to convey other messages anti-Semitic/racist/supremacist by association.

I've seen Pepe being used in a wide variety of memes (if you don't believe me, go on 4chan and look at the different boards in which it's been seen), ranging from making fun of ancaps to trolling the stereotypical fat, lonely dude who's 40 years old and lives in his mum's basement.

What would be more accurate to say is that Pepe can be used in White supremacist images, but that is something that applies to most of the memes out there (including, funnily enough, Kappa and Thomas the Tank Engine). It's always good to be a little more specific in these matters.

Well, of course it has been used in various and diverse instances; like the link said, it started off as an innocent, popular internet meme. But an there is an alarming amount of racist and anti-Semitic art that has made use of the meme lately. No one is calling for it to be banned or saying that anyone who uses it is racist or anti-Semitic, just making the point that certain groups have taken a liking to Pepe.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending