The Student Room Group

Nhs Bursary and tuition fees

Hello,

I have been accepted into Podiatry school this September however I don't quite meet the eligibility criteria as I have a uk passport but have only been in the country 2 and a half year. I will be eligible first of April 2017 however obviously the Bursaries are not being offered next year and September is the only start date for the course. I have contacted the bursary authority to see if I could get a partial bursary but they are very strict. And I have been in touch with the University who are waiting to hear back from the health authority that commissions the places at my University to see if I may still get my tuition fess paid or partly paid. I can see on the website that there are still places on my course and their is so much allocated funding for places so that give me some hope. The waiting is difficult I really want to give Podiatry a go but I think the financial stress will be too much without the extra funding support. Just wondering if anyone had any experience of still getting funding being just outside the eligibility criteria or if there was anyone else I could talk to? any suggestion support gladly appreciated
Original post by JuliaLouB
Hello,

I have been accepted into Podiatry school this September however I don't quite meet the eligibility criteria as I have a uk passport but have only been in the country 2 and a half year. I will be eligible first of April 2017 however obviously the Bursaries are not being offered next year and September is the only start date for the course. I have contacted the bursary authority to see if I could get a partial bursary but they are very strict. And I have been in touch with the University who are waiting to hear back from the health authority that commissions the places at my University to see if I may still get my tuition fess paid or partly paid. I can see on the website that there are still places on my course and their is so much allocated funding for places so that give me some hope. The waiting is difficult I really want to give Podiatry a go but I think the financial stress will be too much without the extra funding support. Just wondering if anyone had any experience of still getting funding being just outside the eligibility criteria or if there was anyone else I could talk to? any suggestion support gladly appreciated

Afraid elibility criteria are quite clear cut, you are either eligible or you are not, no partial funding.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending