The Student Room Group

Retake GCSE Core Science 2016

Hello, I have been looking around since results day trying to find out how to resit my GCSE Core Science exam that I have done. I have done it in year 10 and wondering how I could retake it? I don't mind retaking all exams, any ideas on how I could retake?

Edit: Any ideas on how much it would cost and if I would do it in November or June?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
You need to speak to your Head of Science and ask them to re-enter you for the summer.
Reply 2
Original post by Clemm101
You need to speak to your Head of Science and ask them to re-enter you for the summer.

How much do you think it would cost? And any ideas on when it would be?
Reply 3
I'm not sure your school would charge you. It depends on why you didn't get the grade you needed the first time around. Our school doesn't charge for re-sits if the students are trying hard and have the right attitude. The cost is very low, this year it was £31.65 - AQA haven't released their 2016/17 prices yet but it will be similar. You would be re-sitting in the summer as it's only English and Maths re-sits in November.
Reply 4
I'm not sure your school would charge you. It depends on why you didn't get the grade you needed the first time around. Our school doesn't charge for re-sits if the students are trying hard and have the right attitude. The cost is very low, this year it was £31.65 - AQA haven't released their 2016/17 prices yet but it will be similar. You would be re-sitting in the summer as it's only English and Maths re-sits in November.

I Spoke to my head of science and he said I could do it in the summer but there will be a cost. Thanks for replying, I would've expected it to be expensive.
Reply 5
Original post by Isaak786
I Spoke to my head of science and he said I could do it in the summer but there will be a cost. Thanks for replying, I would've expected it to be expensive.

You're welcome - good luck for the summer!
Reply 6
You're welcome - good luck for the summer!

Quick Reply

Latest