The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Hi, I'm Lauren. I live in Singapore, and go to an Australian school (even though I'm American Chinese) so I'm still in Grade 9. I love reading, riding, and playing the cello. I also play the piano, but I hate it. I have a really strict family which doesn't let me do my own thing, but that's okay I guess.

I'm taking:

Maths (extended and additional)
English (world lit. and first language)
Science (extended)
Indonesian
History (blech, parents chose my electives :wink:)
Music (double blech)
Economics
If you don't mind me asking, how is your school system
Original post by Sardonic Zarah
What's the new history spec like?

Quite hard, but alright I guess. There is so much to memorize and I've only had 2 weeks.
Posted from TSR Mobile
Really? I'm doing history but we've only really just started. Is it a huge workload?
Original post by forre
how are you guys finding triple science so far
im kind of struggling with it ,we are doing aqa and our first topic is about energy and all that
am i the only one that is lowkey dying

I'm finding triple science quite hard. Especially with the new GCSE where we have to learn all the core practicals since we have no coursework. Despite being one of the high achievers in my class, I am finding all the content quite hard to remember.
Original post by MartynaJP6
Posted from TSR Mobile
Really? I'm doing history but we've only really just started. Is it a huge workload?

Atm it's not too bad. But my textbook is one of 4 (change in warfare 1250-present). There is so much info but luckily I spent most of year 9 studying warfare so most of it is quite familiar.
We're doing physics now, first topic is density for us. In chemistry we're doing atomic structure and equations and in biology we're doing cells.
Original post by salex413
Thanks, I'll check it out :smile:

kkkk xD
Original post by carlypower9
I'm finding triple science quite hard. Especially with the new GCSE where we have to learn all the core practicals since we have no coursework. Despite being one of the high achievers in my class, I am finding all the content quite hard to remember.

I know! I can't memorise practicals for each science! Especially since my teachers are doing them all now in order to get them out the way! Not helpful!
What exam board are you with?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 89
Hello fellow Year 10 students.
Posted from TSR Mobile
Tell me about it! And we have to memorise ALL equations!😢😢
Original post by forre
I don't know it should be the same
Have you started physics?if so whats your fist topic?

We're doing energy as our first topic for aqa and it's really dry but not too hard
Original post by Alexemmamay3101
I know! I can't memorise practicals for each science! Especially since my teachers are doing them all now in order to get them out the way! Not helpful!
What exam board are you with?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm pretty sure I'm with Edexcel. We're doing a lot of our practicals now as well and I missed one of them and it was in a recent assessment and it's where I lost most of my marks.
Original post by MartynaJP6
Posted from TSR Mobile
Tell me about it! And we have to memorise ALL equations!😢😢

I know and for physics alone there's like 11
Who is doing triple science AQA? If you are, what are you doing at the moment in Chemistry Physics and Biology :smile:
Who is doing triple science AQA? If you are, what are you doing at the moment in Chemistry Physics and Biology :smile:

Not doing chem until year 11, biology is cells and physics is energy stores and energy pathways, wbu?

Yeah we're doing cells in biology which is impossible (probably because of mr fuller), energy transfers and atomic structure
Reply 97
Well i guess most of us are doing energy in physics right?
My class hasnt even started chem ir bio😭😭😂
Not doing chem until year 11, biology is cells and physics is energy stores and energy pathways, wbu?

Original post by labrador716
Yeah we're doing cells in biology which is impossible (probably because of mr fuller), energy transfers and atomic structure

For us in physics we are doing energy too, bio I have had substitutes so I haven't had my real teacher yet but with the substitute teacher we did active transport, osmosis and cells and in chem we are doing balancing equations and conservation of mass. Lol I don't even understand half the stuff :tongue:
If you don't mind me asking, how is your school system

It's fine... what do you want to know? We start the school in January, and it ends in December. Um, we've got 2 weeks spring break, 4 weeks summer, 2 weeks fall, and 6 weeks winter. Our holidays are every ten weeks or so, with some long holidays along the way. I'm doing the IGCSE next year in fall/winter.

Latest