The Student Room Group

Year 11

Hi everyone just asking what is the best way to revise for my GCSE exams would flashcards be a good idea
Reply 1
Whatever works for you. I simply did past papers a week or two before the exam, and read over the textbooks to ensure I understand the theories. Past papers are especially important for subjects like Math, Physics, Chemistry and Geography, and it worked out quite well for me :smile:
There is no best way. Each to their own.
I loved flashcards and past papers, but i started like 3 months before exams
Original post by Bsdog
Hi everyone just asking what is the best way to revise for my GCSE exams would flashcards be a good idea

For maths do every single past paper available! Also watch videos like corbett maths, hegarty maths.
For english make mind maps on the different books/plays. Link ideas together. If you're naturally gifted at English and are a good writer then you probably don't need to do much.
For science watch videos and make notes- gcse science and free science lessons are very good websites. If you're doing AQA double/triple award science then use the spec- it is very useful! Then do loads of past papers; science and maths are subjects in which the questions are pretty much different versions of other previous questions.

For languages use flashcards if you want to. I never did, but lots of people found useful for vocab. Then do past papers- especially listening papers as generally they are harder and you get used to hearing that language being spoken.
For humanity subjects and business studies you can use flash cards- basically anything with key terms that you need to know.
For essay subjects you must practice your exam technique through mock papers/past papers so you know what the examiner is looking for. Examiners reports are also very, very useful.

And if you do religious studies, I'm pretty sure you can wing it!:tongue:

Best of luck for the rest of yr 11, it will fly by!:biggrin:

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest