The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

i dislike middle class people

Scroll to see replies

Original post by *pitseleh*
That in no way cuts the mustard. Burden of proof, etc etc. No-one in the scientific world gets to spout off about something, then claim it's 'more or less accepted fact' without actually providing any evidence - why should you be any different?

No more wooly an assertion than the tired old egalitarian rhetoric about 'equality in opportunity' and 'talented working class boys' etc...All just cultural marxist inverted snobbery and a view which quickly disappears once you put the bong away.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by ZakatSawmSalat
No more wooly an assertion than the tired old egalitarian rhetoric about 'equality in opportunity' and 'talented working class boys' etc...All just cultural marxist inverted snobbery and a view which quickly disappears once you put the bong away.

Perhaps, but the fact that another person has made an unfounded assertion doesn't justify you or anyone else doing the same thing, does it?
Original post by Nadile
Many children from the STATE school I went to were middle class. Then they proceeded to carry on with A levels still in state schools. In the end everyone takes student finance to help afford university. How is education handed to middle class children more than it is to working class? The education is free in this country, some simply don't take advantage of that fact.

Oh my goodness. Some people afford private education; and others go to BETTER state schools that're located in more affluent areas. State schools differ too in standard you know. Have a look at Ofsted reports. And don't give me that 'take advantage' line. If you believe that, I'm sorry to hear that. Please be more open minded to barriers that can afflict working class kids, e.g. poor family attitude to education. They are endless, and of course they don't exist in every case, but they sure as hell are more prevalent there than in the Middle Class.

Please go away now. I really don't to argue with you if you fail to have the capacity to understand what I've aforesaid.
so you basically hate what you're not
Original post by looloo2134
Reason Why
1) their amoral e.g smoking weed at university
2)They believe their children are more intelligent than working class children
3)They buy houses by the best performing schools so their children will get a place
4)They look down on people who live in social housing
5)they call working class white people racist & xenophobic. When the white work class work in low skilled jobs with Eastern Europeans. Also are more likely to have mixed race children.

I can understand you. Those behaviours and views to people is really disgusting. But that is not really a reason to dislike middle class people in general. There are also people with a different attitude. The same goes for people in upper class. Could be that the majority of middle and upper class thinks in that way, but not everyone.*
Original post by Allie4
so you basically hate what you're not

A white British woman with mixed-race children?
Original post by ZakatSawmSalat

So what biology are you thinking here sweetheart, "superior genetics"?
Original post by TheThiefOfBagdad
No. This is a 'new money' thing to do. If you go to a dinner party with people from the establised middle class you won't You middle class are these days very weird.
If the working class were indoctrinated with enough gall and buster against their masters your cous cous loving lives would end . unfortunately, they remain ignorant.
Reason Why
3)They buy houses by the best performing schools so their children will get a place
5)they call working class white people racist & xenophobic. When the white work class work in low skilled jobs with Eastern Europeans. Also are more likely to have mixed race children.

1) how is weed immoral? And on average I'd say they do less actually
2) on average they are, but only because they are prepared to spend more money on tutors etc.
3) correct and very clever. You should petition the government to build a) more housing and b) abolish the free school/grammar schools so all schools are similar.
4) No, they don't.
5) I call The Sun and Daily Mail readers racist and xenophobic, it just so happens that that overlaps with said demographic

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by G.name
Oh my goodness. Some people afford private education; and others go to BETTER state schools that're located in more affluent areas. State schools differ too in standard you know. Have a look at Ofsted reports. And don't give me that 'take advantage' line. If you believe that, I'm sorry to hear that. Please be more open minded to barriers that can afflict working class kids, e.g. poor family attitude to education. They are endless, and of course they don't exist in every case, but they sure as hell are more prevalent there than in the Middle Class.

Please go away now. I really don't to argue with you if you fail to have the capacity to understand what I've aforesaid.

It frustrates me when people do nothing but give excuses about their situation. No one is given education, children in good schools still need to pay attention and study. If they choose not to then that's their own fault. And even without too great of an education it's still possible to achieve a lot. My parents were somehow able to work their way up to middle class despite coming from horrible backgrounds, and so should everyone else.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by That Bearded Man
1) how is weed immoral? And on average I'd say they do less actually
2) on average they are, but only because they are prepared to spend more money on tutors etc.
3) correct and very clever. You should petition the government to build a) more housing and b) abolish the free school/grammar schools so all schools are similar.
4) No, they don't.
5) I call The Sun and Daily Mail readers racist and xenophobic, it just so happens that that overlaps with said demographic

Posted from TSR Mobile

Smoking weed is immoral
1) because it illegal to buy & use
2) Human trafficking slave labour to work in the factories
3) stealing electricity
4)renting houses to use as factories causing thousands of pound of damaged
5) drug dealers
6) crime &violent around the trade

the worst drug use is among the middle class with drugs like cocaine
cocaine
cocaine
Smoking weed is immoral
3) stealing electricity
5) drug dealers

cocaine
cocaine

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/07/28/better-quality-cocaine-fuelling-middle-class-drug-use/
Original post by nonon41
3. As I'm sure anyone else would. It's like richer parents sending their kids to private school; people just want what's best for their own

It's the extent of their persistence that I think is aggravating. Buying a house right next to the best schools just so their sproglings get a place? They only have the opportunity to do that because they have the money, and it deprives children from poorer families chances to get into the top schools because all the houses in the catchment area are owned by these middle class families.

And of course their fervent desperation to keep their kids out of comprehensive schools implies elitism and contempt towards the lower classes.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reason Why

let's see as a recent addition to the middle class
1. I didn't go to university but will admit to smoking weed a couple of times but who hasn't
2. my kids might be smart they might be as thick as cake mix so what happens is what happens
3. I'll buy any place with a pool, a hot tub, an office, room to store some wines, a large safe,2 jet skis, a helicopter and 10 cars
4. I've been there and it is awful but those people are still my customers maybe not for Rolexes and 2ct diamonds but there's a lot of gold in those places as like in Arab countries gold=wealth so you don't see fine watches like Patek philippes or jaegerLeCoultres you see big gold offering from Breitling and Rolex maybe longines or tag heuer you don't see Versace chains you see massive multi-ounce gold pieces
5. I don't know what xenophobic means and racist is still in the middle class who feed the slave trade that made the fortunes of the old money, I'll work with anyone as long as they can sell and do what they are employed for and the last one I can't comment on yet
Smoking weed is immoral
3) stealing electricity
5) drug dealers

cocaine
cocaine

Even caffeine is immoral. Coffee is immoral.
Whats even worse though are poor folk with a chip on their shoulder. I cannot stand them thinking common sense decreases with money. I cut people out of my Life nearly for making this assumption as their usually idiots and wastes of breath hahahhaa
Original post by drowzee
Eating quinoa is a middle class thing now? :curious:

What the hell is quinoa?*
Original post by KimKallstrom
What the hell is quinoa?*

A South American grain adopted by hipsters and health freaks. I thinks it's gluten free which would explain why.

Nothing wrong with being either of the above of course. :smile:
Original post by JamesN88
A South American grain adopted by hipsters and health freaks. I thinks it's gluten free which would explain why.

Nothing wrong with being either of the above of course. :smile:

Thanks. Is it worth trying?