The Student Room Group

Broken fridge freezer in our new house not being replaced!!

Just wanted to know if anyone had any advice for our situation?

We got the keys to our house 3 weeks ago and reported in the inventory that the fridge freezer was broken. Since then we've been asking the agency (specifically the property supervisor) involved when a new one will arrive and so far we have yet to receive an answer. Instead we are being told the landlord is still sorting it out.

Is there anything we can do to get this sorted? I haven't been able to move in because of this, but will need to this weekend and I'm not looking forward to being without a fridge or freezer. :frown:
Original post by Faded-Pi
Just wanted to know if anyone had any advice for our situation?

We got the keys to our house 3 weeks ago and reported in the inventory that the fridge freezer was broken. Since then we've been asking the agency (specifically the property supervisor) involved when a new one will arrive and so far we have yet to receive an answer. Instead we are being told the landlord is still sorting it out.

Is there anything we can do to get this sorted? I haven't been able to move in because of this, but will need to this weekend and I'm not looking forward to being without a fridge or freezer. :frown:

what does your contract say about repairs?
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
what does your contract say about repairs?

Just that they need to be done in a reasonable amount of time.
Original post by Faded-Pi
Just that they need to be done in a reasonable amount of time.

That is ridiculously subjective, its not particularly an advisable thing to do, but shelter does suggest witholding rent until repairs are made, but that's very risky. Ask your unis su for advise.
Reply 4
Original post by claireestelle
That is ridiculously subjective, its not particularly an advisable thing to do, but shelter does suggest witholding rent until repairs are made, but that's very risky. Ask your unis su for advise.

Thanks!! I'd hadn't thought to ask for the uni's advice.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending